Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at my local dealer attempting to negotiate ordering a new stingray or having them perform a courtesy delivery. They said that in California they are limited to $80 for a documentation fee but they've heard other out of state dealers charging as much as $1000. I hope to get credit union pricing if I order out of state. That brings up a question, if I purchase a C7 from one of the major dealers back east and arrange for a courtesy delivery, who collects the documentation fee? Are they limited to the $80 California limit (I live in California) or do they charge as much as they want?

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
nothing is collected at the courtesy dealer except for the total fee he is charging you to pick up the car. The doc fees and others are all at the selling dealer end.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, I guess I need to make sure I inquire about this during selection of my dealer.

·
Registered
136 Posts
MacMulkin does not charge a doc fee. FYI.

Reactions: Milliwatt Rob

·
Registered
186 Posts
"Doc Fees" are a pure profit ripoff.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
"Doc Fees" are a pure profit ripoff.
doc fees came about when the public started demanding "invoice pricing"...dealers are not stupid, they're gonna try to get it one way or another...LOL

·
Registered
810 Posts
Limit is 200 in Maryland, I bought from Criswell Chevrolet and took delivery at NCM.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I did a courtesy delivery with Dilillo Chevrolet (Huntington Beach) in Aug. Below are the fees that were charged
1. Courtesy delivery fee: $300
2. Doc fee: $80
3. Sales tax: $6,565
4. Lic fees: $575
5. Electronic filing fee: $29
6. Tire tax: $8.75

I did not quibble about items 2 and 5 because the $300 courtesy delivery fee was the lowest they could charge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts