Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to put my car in neutral to roll it back while it was in storage as I did not want to start for a few minutes as it will be in storage next several months. I could not get trans into Neutral without starting. Does anybody know if this can be done without actually starting car. I have an automatic transmission.

thanks

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Does anybody know how to put car in Neutral without starting it? (automatic ...

Try pressing the start button without having your foot on the brake. That will put it in run mode instead of accessory and may unlock the steering and shifter. You may have to push it twice, once to get in accessory mode and again to get in run mode.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Administrator
16,282 Posts
My guess is it is a required safety lock that can not be easily overridden on the automatics.

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
Try pressing the start button without having your foot on the brake. That will put it in run mode instead of accessory and may unlock the steering and shifter. You may have to push it twice, once to get in accessory mode and again to get in run mode.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum
After you get it in accessory mode, then release the start button, then press the brake pedal, then shift out of park.

·
Administrator
16,282 Posts
After you get it in accessory mode, then release the start button, then press the brake pedal, then shift out of park.
rdslon01, have you actually been able to do that? That does not work in RedHot and I still believe that this is a mandatory safety feature that can not be easily overridden.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The thing about the C7 it does wake up the spouse with that thunder sound. If you tell us the truth about why you really really want to know how to do that, maybe we can help you.:)

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
rdslon01, have you actually been able to do that? That does not work in RedHot and I still believe that this is a mandatory safety feature that can not be easily overridden.
No, I don't have the car yet. I just read the Owner's Manual, and that was what it said is supposed to work.

·
Administrator
16,282 Posts
No, I don't have the car yet. I just read the Owner's Manual, and that was what it said is supposed to work.
I saw that in the manual as well but can confirm it does not work that way on RedHot and strongly doubt it works that way on any other C7 automatic, the only way I am aware to get out of Park is to have the engine running.

Reactions: rdslon01 and glen e

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tried putting it in accessory mode and then pushing brake and it does not work. I had to start car to get it in neutral.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just found this in the manual section 9-20. I tried it and it does in fact work. Once car is in service mode, you apply brake and shift trans.

Service Only Mode
This power mode is available for
service and diagnostics, and to
verify the proper operation of the
malfunction indicator lamp as may
be required for emission inspection
purposes. With the vehicle off, and
the brake pedal not applied,
pressing and holding the button for
more than five seconds will place
the vehicle in Service Only Mode.
The instruments and audio systems