Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any specifics on what goes on in quality inspecttion at Bowling Green? After many months, my car was produced on 10/14. Apparently, it sat around until the 25th, when it reportedly moved to the quality inspection process. That is, by far the most specific information I've been able to squeeze from anyone, anywhere from the dealership on up. What concerns me is that I know of cars that were built after 10/14 and have already shown up at a dealership. Can anyone from Chevy or anyone on the forum who is "in the know" provide some solid info and give me some hope/sense on when it will arrive? Every time I request info from 'official' sources, I feel like I'm putting someone out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I don't think anyone can tell you because I don't think anyone knows specific info. My car was produced and then went into cyber land until it just all if the sudden showed up at the dealer. They were given like 2-3 days notice.. That's it! Possibly- they have a minor or even major issue with your car and they are working to resolve it before being released for transport. If the dealer has the invoice, then it's a good sign they are going to get the car soon. (The VIN has be decided). Try and be patient!! ?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Does anyone have any specifics on what goes on in quality inspecttion at Bowling Green? After many months, my car was produced on 10/14. Apparently, it sat around until the 25th, when it reportedly moved to the quality inspection process. That is, by far the most specific information I've been able to squeeze from anyone, anywhere from the dealership on up. What concerns me is that I know of cars that were built after 10/14 and have already shown up at a dealership. Can anyone from Chevy or anyone on the forum who is "in the know" provide some solid info and give me some hope/sense on when it will arrive? Every time I request info from 'official' sources, I feel like I'm putting someone out.
Georgio, I'd be curious to know who told you that your car moved to quality inspection?

The standard QC process won't add but 24 hours to your vehicles ability to be shipped.

Do you have the order event status code for your vehicle? It should be a four digit alpha numeric code between 3800 and 5000 currently. Once your car is produced (Event status 3800) it will be transferred to the transportation company. They can hold the car for up to 10 business days. This is contractual and it gives them the change to fill a truck headed to your geographic region. If your car has been invoiced, it is not in QC, it is bayed (and should be at 4B00 or 4200) pending shipment. I suspect that your dealer is telling you QC because they don't have your car and have heard all the rumors. In absence of facts, dealers tend to make things up. Cars can ship in as little as a day or up to 10 days after they are built. It simply matters on destination and volume of cars headed that way as to how quickly it happens.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My dealer had all the "codes" too... Didn't mean anything until the car was listed as being on its way... Then- three days it was here. Cars come wrapped in like a cloth cover and once put on the truck, they are not removed until they arrive at the store. (Or at least that's what I was told)

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
By far (after 2000) the longest wait I had was when it went to "bayed" at 4B00....it was 11 days in that mode, and then all of a sudden it went 4800 (shipped) and being 6 hours from BG, it arrived next day. "Bayed" means waiting for them to build a load coming your way so that's the variable....

·
Registered
18 Posts
According to the BG plant manager he is constrained for space - including space for QA. Thus they set up a QA operation at their Nashville distribution site. It is possible that your delay is some where in this loop. Although nobody at BG has said this, I suspect that the touch up paint process and associated "get a bigger hammer" QA steps we have seen might just come from this Nashville operation as I don't think they have repainting capability nor do they want to send them back to BG for a "better" QA result. After all, they are there because there is not room in BG...just a guess on my part.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Georgio, I'd be curious to know who told you that your car moved to quality inspection?

The standard QC process won't add but 24 hours to your vehicles ability to be shipped.

Do you have the order event status code for your vehicle? It should be a four digit alpha numeric code between 3800 and 5000 currently. Once your car is produced (Event status 3800) it will be transferred to the transportation company. They can hold the car for up to 10 business days. This is contractual and it gives them the change to fill a truck headed to your geographic region. If your car has been invoiced, it is not in QC, it is bayed (and should be at 4B00 or 4200) pending shipment. I suspect that your dealer is telling you QC because they don't have your car and have heard all the rumors. In absence of facts, dealers tend to make things up. Cars can ship in as little as a day or up to 10 days after they are built. It simply matters on destination and volume of cars headed that way as to how quickly it happens.
As mentioned, the car was produced on 10/14 and I had the VIN within a day or two. Even my damn insurance company now has the VIN. I am very familiar with the status codes but absolutely no one responds to that specific question. The car was never turned over to a transport company, as far as I know. I can't think of the name of the rep on the phone or online chat who told me the car went to quality inspection on 10/25 but that's definitely what was said. BTW, my sales rep told me the invoice arrived more than two weeks ago. I called the same guy this morning and he promised research and a call back. As usual, no call. I can't believe the difference in what I hear about the responsiveness of some dealerships and total disregard by others. Maybe, if I wasn't in the business for several years, and know how I treated my customers, I wouldn't feel like a god damned punching bag.

The customer care people (Sarah) who have contributed to this forum appear to handle isses on delivered cars only. True?

·
Registered
89 Posts
As mentioned, the car was produced on 10/14 and I had the VIN within a day or two. Even my damn insurance company now has the VIN. I am very familiar with the status codes but absolutely no one responds to that specific question. The car was never turned over to a transport company, as far as I know. I can't think of the name of the rep on the phone or online chat who told me the car went to quality inspection on 10/25 but that's definitely what was said. BTW, my sales rep told me the invoice arrived more than two weeks ago. I called the same guy this morning and he promised research and a call back. As usual, no call. I can't believe the difference in what I hear about the responsiveness of some dealerships and total disregard by others. Maybe, if I wasn't in the business for several years, and know how I treated my customers, I wouldn't feel like a god damned punching bag.

The customer care people (Sarah) who have contributed to this forum appear to handle isses on delivered cars only. True?
Please PM me with your VIN number.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts