Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My C7 came with an electrical outlet in the trunk for easy hook up of my "battery protection" charger. I am in the process of ordering a C8. My dealer tells me that to get that outlet in the C8 I will have to order the ($100) "battery protection package".

Does anyone know if that trunk outlet is an option? If it is standard, is it located in the trunk or in the frunk?

·
Registered
402 Posts
The plug receptacle is standard and in the frunk. It is always on. The light in the frunk will turn off after ten minutes.

Up to you which battery tender you use. There are many options other than the GM option with the Vette logo.

Reactions: Norm

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The plug receptacle is standard and in the frunk. It is always on. The light in the frunk will turn off after ten minutes.

Up to you which battery tender you use. There are many options other than the GM option with the Vette logo.
That is what I thought. Thank you for the confirmation.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Administrator
16,209 Posts
My C7 came with an electrical outlet in the trunk for easy hook up of my "battery protection" charger. I am in the process of ordering a C8. My dealer tells me that to get that outlet in the C8 I will have to order the ($100) "battery protection package".

Does anyone know if that trunk outlet is an option? If it is standard, is it located in the trunk or in the frunk?
You might want to be care with your dealer. Either isn't familiar with the C8 or is trying to oversell you.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Yes the outlet in the frunk is there, but really, if you plan on using a charger are you worried about $100 on an $80k car? Why not just order the battery charger option and simplify your life. No extra research or product searches, you know it will work with your car, etc. On my C7 I simply checked the box (the least expensive option on my car). The car is on it for about 3-4 months and I have no worries about it. --Bob

Reactions: Racer_X

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes the outlet in the frunk is there, but really, if you plan on using a charger are you worried about $100 on an $80k car? Why not just order the battery charger option and simplify your life. No extra research or product searches, you know it will work with your car, etc. On my C7 I simply checked the box (the least expensive option on my car). The car is on it for about 3-4 months and I have no worries about it. --Bob
Thanks for your opinion. I asked the question for several reasons. The main one was I wasn't at all confident of my dealer's answer about what the "battery protection package" is (it isn't designated as a battery charger).

·
Registered
10,363 Posts
Thanks for your opinion. I asked the question for several reasons. The main one was I wasn't at all confident of my dealer's answer about what the "battery protection package" is (it isn't designated as a battery charger).
Frankly, you can obtain a better tender (more features), from the same brand (CTEK), for a lower price than $100. The only thing is that it will not have a Corvette sticker on it.

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,459 Posts
Absolutely, the Corvette tax sticker, it can get expensive. 😁

·
Registered
2020 C8, Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic, 3LT, Z51, MSRC and more
1,015 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
View attachment 279084 I bought a CTEK MUS 4.3 that has far more features than the "Battery Protection Package".

CTEK 56-959 Silver MUS 4.3 TEST & CHARGE 12 Volt Fully Automatic Charger and Tester
Very good choice.
I hope you also ordered the cigarette plug adapter as you will be needing it to charge your Corvette thru the trunk's plug., see it here:

·
Registered
2020 C8, Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic, 3LT, Z51, MSRC and more
1,015 Posts
Very good choice.
I hope you also ordered the cigarette plug adapter as you will be needing it to charge your Corvette thru the trunk's plug., see it here:
Yes, I have the adapter (this one: CTEK (56-870) Comfort Indicator Cig Plug), a wall mount (CTEK (40-006) Mounting Bracket for CTEK MXS chargers (3,8-5A)) and comfort connect extension cable (CTEK (56-304) Comfort Connect Extension Cable, 8.2 Feet).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts