Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out your rear glass! The factory shading effect on the top of the window, working downward, is actually hundreds of tiny "crossed-flag C7 logos"!!!;)

I think this is way way cool!:cool:

Okay.... Maybe most of you knew this already... but just yesterday I showed these to a C7 owner who owned his Stingray for over a month now and he never knew they existed!:eek:

Sorry if I am reporting "old news" here, but as long as I have been a member to the Forum I haven't seen it mentioned.

Just thought it was a neat thing they did!

Come on now.... Who is actually learning this for the first time? I know I just recently found out.:eek:

·
Registered
680 Posts
Yes, love that feature!!! I point it out to everyone... as it's so subtle until you know it's there.

Reactions: Mark JD

·
Registered
993 Posts
Didn't know that. BUt then again, I don't have the C7 in the garage yet. Soon though.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
94 Posts
Had to go look as soon as I saw this, Such detail in this car.

·
Administrator
16,505 Posts
I saw them when I picked up RedHot at the Museum. When I brought her in to get window tinting, they said they believed they were ceramic on the glass. I had 3M Crystalline 40 put on the windows and rear window, along with Crystalline 90 (almost clear) put on the windshield (it cuts 90 of infrared heat and 99.9 of UV). I think the tinting helped slightly "pop" or define the cross flags nicely. Hard to get a decent picture but here is one I just took with flash. :cool:

rear window crossed flags.jpg

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I saw them when I picked up RedHot at the Museum. When I brought her in to get window tinting, they said they believed they were ceramic on the glass. I had 3M Crystalline 40 put on the windows and rear window, along with Crystalline 90 (almost clear) put on the windshield (it cuts 90 of infrared heat and 99.9 of UV). I think the tinting helped slightly "pop" or define the cross flags nicely. Hard to get a decent picture but here is one I just took with flash. :cool:
JS... Great attempt at capturing that photo!
I may just have to try that 3m Crysta1line 40.

Mark JD

·
Administrator
16,505 Posts
JS... Great attempt at capturing that photo!
I may just have to try that 3m Crysta1line 40.

Mark JD
Thanks Mark. The Crystalline ended up costing about twice what I normally pay for a couple of reasons: I have never had the windshield done on any of my other cars (and that costs almost as much as just the windows) and the material itself costs more than other 3M or comparable tints. However it has the best reviews and best heat rejection of any film I have seen (non metallic so it doesn't interfere with GPS, radar detection or phone). All of which is pretty important here in Vegas (as I imagine it is in Venice as well). I went with the windshield this time because they showed me samples and I could not see it nor see any refraction/distortion as I have seen in other windshield applications. Currently no one has a sun shield customized for the C7 that I am aware as well. It really does the job in blocking the heat transfer, and it looks great (all the windows and the windshield). You also do not notice it in any way at night. So, for me at least, a total win-win. :cool:

Reactions: Mark JD

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all that JS.
Never even thought of doing the windshield. Being in the Sunshine State I would have thought I would have heard more about it, although I have been out of the car show and detailing scene since selling my '98 Pace Car.

I will definitely look into it as soon as I get home from Bowling Green.... with our new baby "Chrissy".

Mark

·
Administrator
16,505 Posts
Thanks for all that JS.
Never even thought of doing the windshield. Being in the Sunshine State I would have thought I would have heard more about it, although I have been out of the car show and detailing scene since selling my '98 Pace Car.

I will definitely look into it as soon as I get home from Bowling Green.... with our new baby "Chrissy".

Mark
Most welcome Mark. Can't wait til you get her! :cool:

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
In florida any windshield tint will require a prescription from a doctor that you have an aversion to bright lights. However the 3M is about a 90% tint, so no one ever checks...

·
Registered
579 Posts
Thread would be helped with picture(s) if possible please.
:cool:

·
Administrator
16,505 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just showed em to a 11 year old kid that saw my car at Out Back Steak House, and let him sit in the car, his dad took a ton of pictures.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
111 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
In addition to those in hatch glass, there are flags in the headlamps and, who knows, we may find more. Remember finding the hidden 'bunny' on the Playboy cover... finding 'Waldo' or, for those of you who got the NY Times many years ago, there was finding "Nina", the daughter of their cartoonist. Who could forget Fr. Guido Sarducci and "Finding the Pope in da pizza!"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts