Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know whether the interior FasTrak transponder works when attached to the inside of the C7's windshield? Or do I need to get an externally-mounted transponder?

The windshield page on the FasTrak website isn't that useful. It says that the interior transponder doesn't work with the 90-95 ZR1 and the 97-98 Corvette, but it also says that "All Corvettes" have "Possible Metalized Windshields".

Back in Massachusetts, I had no problem with the EZPass transponder mounted on the inside of my C7's windshield.

Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Another way is....My three cars are registered to one Fastrak transponder and I leave it in one of cars full time. Also, i leave it in my glove compartment because of stories of people braking in to cars to steal it. The transponder is not required to be in the car when crossing bridges in the Bay Area because fastrak will capture your license plate # and compare it to their database which will then tie back to your specific transponder. You shouldn’t be issued a ticket if you car is registered to a a valid transponder. I have been using Fastrak this way for many years without any problems.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses!

It was a beautiful day for a drive in the Corvette today, so I tried it out on the Golden Gate Bridge, and it worked fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts