Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On the 'waiting list' with $1000 deposit down for an A8 Z06 order, which was entered back in September from Bob Stall Chevrolet in San Diego. They recently told me that my position hasn't moved, which perplexes me since there have been two order dates thus far.

I'm having a heck of a time having someone there give me a straight answer on how many they have been allocated on the two dates thus far. I'm putting all my eggs in their basket trusting them to be honest and straightforward. I want to know the progress in order to determine 1) On average how many they are allocated each order date? 2) Are they actually ordering customer cars or has it just been dealer stock? 3) Am I unlikely to get a car from them, and need to consider other options?

Are others out here getting updates from their dealership on allocations they've received, their current placement on the waitlist (especially if some ahead on the list have dropped out), etc. Also, anyone else have experience with this dealership? (I was told they are #2 in California in Corvette sales)

· Registered
1,385 Posts
If they are not giving you a GM supplier price, run like hell

Reactions: nervous

· Registered
1,333 Posts
You ordered an A8 so it's not going to move until GM starts accepting and building the A8's maybe in a month or so.
According to my understanding of the GM Memo to it's dealer's Elegant has described previously, at least according to my understanding, was a 1-2 month delay for A8 orders, based on a September 18th first consensus. That would theoretically calculate out to October 18th, which has come and gone for one-month and November 18th, give or take a week for two-months, which should be coming up real soon...... Hopefully.... Maybe..... As far as sdtoothdoc's post goes, the A8 is the key phrase.... There hasn't been any A8 automatic orders going anywhere since the first orders went in because they're on full constraint.... When that will be lifted, well, anyone's guess is as gone as any and GM's holding all the cards.... Guess we'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully it will be withing the next 2-3 weeks, but who knows.

· Registered
33 Posts
Who here was price protected from 2014 to 2015. I'm in canada...and I ordered on feb 11 2014 , eventually was told I would have to wait for a 2015. ( z51)
I know most of you on the forum are in the states but would still like to know.
Great forum. Thanks in advance.

18,694 Posts
Who here was price protected from 2014 to 2015.
The reason why, at least in America, GM, did not implement the $1000 Corvette price increase for a while into the 2015 year, was to allow all who were carried over from 2014, to get their 2015's into status 2000 BEFORE the price increase became effective. This was however only for sold retail orders, and only if there were no option, color or other changes.

· Registered
286 Posts
The 2014 dealer allocation/sales list was posted on this forum. Here is the link

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-corvette-news/5256-top-99-c7-dealers.html

Bob Stall Chevrolet is #26 with 80 sales so they will probably have enough allocations in 2015 and you will get your C7. I purchased my C7 from Courtesy Chevrolet (at #22) in San Jose, CA. It was a rather frustrating experience. Like you, I was very anxious to receive any information on the order status and there was very little coming from the dealer. Most information came from members of this forum.

· Registered
914 Posts
At the time I bought my Z51 in Arizona, I told the dealer to let me know when they were taking orders for the Z06. They didn't and I went to another large dealership out of my State (CA). They were only taking orders for the M7 and didn't really didn't communicate well regarding the A8. A fellow forum friend of mine suggested his favorite dealership. I contacted them, another large Corvette dealer, and I placed my order and received their allocation numbers and my placement on their list. Once the first orders for the M7 went in on September 18, I asked for my place on their list ... and they told me. They rarely reach out to me ... but they always answer my questions regarding anything I ask. I know they are busy and already have my sale, but it would be nice if they sent some information out to those that have plunked down 10K and are waiting.

· Registered
878 Posts

· Registered
1,385 Posts

· Registered
1,196 Posts
I think one of my NorCal friends ordered from your dealership. I PM him to chime in if I had the name right.

FYI, I take it you've read this helpful sticky thread?

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...urgent-order-delivery-useful-information.html

And you know the really really big dealers are the ones that GM gives all the love to first on allocations and making it past constraints and such. My guess would be the Z06 automatics not with the big dealers will hear the sound of the crickets chirping for a while. Not like you should switch over though, as their waiting lists are long and way down their list might equal near the top of your CA dealer's.

With the big big dealer I used, I heard nothing as I waited for my turn, then as soon as he had an allocation for me, he was calling me nonstop. I mean, they WANT the sale, so they're going to let you know if they have an allocation for you.

Cheers,

· Registered
161 Posts
I am using a dealer back East for my Z06/Z07/A8 coupe order and they tell me what the others have said. Orders for the A8 and convertables will not go in for another month or so. Not directly related to this post but I am wondering how much over msrp you are paying in San Diego?

· Registered
52 Posts
As my friend Suzy ping me, I am jumping in ;)

I got my Z51 with them. It is difficult to answer your questions without starting again the big east coast dealer/local dealer discussion.

All I can say is call them or even better go and see them if you want to find out exactly what is you position in the line. For my Z51, Bobby has been communicating to me every 2 weeks my position in the Z51 line as soon as I was asking for news. Sometime I was not moving and some other time I was moving 2-3 spot ahead.

Z06 will have its own constrains like other new models which are managed/decided by GM as tmcternan indicates and no dealer have enough leverage to insure any delivery time. (even the big one, I tried)

When I got mine, they received several allocations the same week when they did get very few allocations the previous month. It is very difficult to predict. After a long wait, I ended up getting their first 2015 Z51 instead of a 2014, but with all the options I requested (most of them was on constrain at the time I ordered the car). And at the end of the day, I am very happy having a 2015 with a California sticker under the hood, paying MSRP minus the $1,000 "2014 protection".

Also, my guess/observation is that constrain reports disclosed on the forum may not apply nationwide the same week to all the dealers. It is good information to have an idea of the constrain issues, but no one really knows how the allocation system works underneath.

To answer your questions, I would say:
Q#1: 2-3 every weeks (in 2014 year model, may be different in 2015) which needs to be factored by the constrain ratio as explained in other threads
Q#2: their allocation goes to customers (you can follow you order on the chevy website), but they also purchase cars from other dealers to sell to those that do not want to wait and are willing to give up on some options / pay extra to get the car on the lot
Q#3: if they have enough allocation you will get a car from them, but may have to wait if you are far down the list. You can still go for a plan B. The full game here is to manage the ratio "#allocations / #placed orders" as noted by Suzy;)

@abshapiro, that is funny you say so, as I walked away from Courtesy Chevrolet in San Jose (despite they are a few minutes from my office) because they were not communicating at all and did not know anything about the C7 they have on display (I tried several time). Later on, I find out that actually one of their sales guy is pretty good, but that was too late, I already placed my order with B. Stall as at least the sales guys down there knew what he was talking about, was picking up the phone and was willing to answer my questions (including allocations and delays). Looks like this is always a matter of individuals!

Is there any dealer that proactively communicate on delays? I do not think so. Are some better to answer questions? I think it depends on the sales guy, not the dealership.
Could the data of the allocations and waiting list be publicly communicated by GM? Yes, they have all the data to do so, but will never communicate them for various reasons already discussed on this forum. And as a result, dealers do not officially and proactively communicate to us.

@sdtoothdoc, feel free to PM me if you want some details/discuss.

On the 'waiting list' with $1000 deposit down for an A8 Z06 order, which was entered back in September from Bob Stall Chevrolet in San Diego. They recently told me that my position hasn't moved, which perplexes me since there have been two order dates thus far.

I'm having a heck of a time having someone there give me a straight answer on how many they have been allocated on the two dates thus far. I'm putting all my eggs in their basket trusting them to be honest and straightforward. I want to know the progress in order to determine 1) On average how many they are allocated each order date? 2) Are they actually ordering customer cars or has it just been dealer stock? 3) Am I unlikely to get a car from them, and need to consider other options?

Are others out here getting updates from their dealership on allocations they've received, their current placement on the waitlist (especially if some ahead on the list have dropped out), etc. Also, anyone else have experience with this dealership? (I was told they are #2 in California in Corvette sales)

· Registered
502 Posts
The 2014 dealer allocation/sales list was posted on this forum. Here is the link

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-corvette-news/5256-top-99-c7-dealers.html

Bob Stall Chevrolet is #26 with 80 sales so they will probably have enough allocations in 2015 and you will get your C7. I purchased my C7 from Courtesy Chevrolet (at #22) in San Jose, CA. It was a rather frustrating experience. Like you, I was very anxious to receive any information on the order status and there was very little coming from the dealer. Most information came from members of this forum.
I sure miss Groth Brothers, how bout u Art?

Rick

· Registered
1,338 Posts

I ordered my 2014 z51 from them last November and in Jan ran like hell to macmulkin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.