Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
The mid engine has the looks of a Lamborghini or Ferrari and hopefully it will perform well. Personally, I will keep my Z06 and purchase of C8 possibly in the 3rd year of development. The C7 will go down in history as a great Corvette and there is no way I would give mine up. I like the ME concept but not sure if it will be a success at first. The AWD has me interested and I am hoping it will be a great car.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Currently, I am skeptical of certain aspects of the ME. To me, the overall styling doesn't have the same "magnetism" of the C7, perhaps due to the dramatically different proportions. I'm also concerned about storage space - rumor has the problem solved but I just don't yet see where it will have cargo capacity comparable to my Stingray coupe. The apparent amount of additional high-tech gadgetry, such as power assisted doors and front end lift system tends to make me cringe - more gadgets generally equals more opportunity for problems.

On the flip side, I've loved Corvettes since I was a little kid and ultimately will likely love the ME as well. I have no doubt Chevrolet will create a superior performance car. Will it improve upon the C7? Certainly, in many ways! And while I know much of my hesitation stems from not knowing the little details and not seeing the final car in person, so far the ME isn't for me. My '14 Z51 coupe was the first car to spark a fire within my heart so bright I had to order without even knowing the price! It will take a lot to quench this flame....

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
So far, I've enjoyed what I've seen of both the body styling as well as the interior.

Lookin' forward to learning about all the ME details as they are made public. :)

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'll never ever own one. You (probably) can't get two sets of golf clubs in it. And for ME that is deal breaker. Great car it may be. just not for me...

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hey guys/gals, it's whatever floats your boat. I actually spoke with someone once that didn't like the C7. I didn't speak with them very long though!!!

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Hey guys/gals, it's whatever floats your boat.
Agreed. Corvette owners are a diverse group, and the strict requirements that some have for the C8 (like high cargo capacity, for example) are at the bottom of my list of C8 requirements.

It all comes down to your own needs, and how you enjoy these awesome cars. :)

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
If transporting golf clubs is your concern, maybe GM can offer a free year of club transportation via Shipsticks

·
Registered
582 Posts
If transporting golf clubs is your concern, maybe GM can offer a free year of club transportation via Shipsticks
Lol... doesn’t help me 4 days a week. Hummm... which course today? Let me call shipsticks.... hello, Shipsticks, could you take my clubs from my house to the course 10 minutes away? They don’t fit in my car... Chevrolet said they would pay... nice thought though

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have always liked Corvette’s. As a young boy in the early 60s I was crushed when my dad refused a trade for his TR3 for a 56 corvette.
It was many years later that I was in a position to buy my own and l always looked at Corvett’s and every year visited dealers just to touch them .I remember the split window on the dealers showroom floor in Miami as a an 11 yr. old. talked about beautiful cars ....Finally drove several -c4,c5,c6,- none did it for me and I was never tempted to pull the trigger. That was until I saw the C7 .The word smitten comes to mind. I then drove the C7 . That was it. I bought a 2014 and have been loving every minute of this love affair. I admit never got the round square tale light debate.
Now with the C8 on the future horizon I can’t wait to see and touch one. If smitten.....well life is short and you can’t take it with you.
So when and if the C8 materializes and I’m still be having too much fun,which is a good thing, I’ll look and touch and dream.its all good.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I love my C7, and don’t have immediate plans to buy the C8. Several of the renderings look very nice to me, but I really need to see the real deal in-person. I certainly don’t think it is unattractive, but I do prefer the C7 styling and proportions.

If I had to decide right now, my choice would be to not change. However, I think GM will give me something to make it very tempting, especially if they offer it in a good green color. ;-)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Might get one hard to say, its not out yet, no pricing no reliability data. The exterior pics I’ve seen look real sweet so does the interior. Couple potiental peoblems that need home runs with the bases loaded. (1) engine cooling ZO6 type issues (2) electrical system heard its a problem and delaying production.

In the mean time, don’t put the cart bedore the horse. Usually issues in the first year or two of a new production model. Yikes... a 4th law suit on the Z06 according to jalopnik!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts