Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I know I've seen this thread somewhere but I can't find it -- anyway, what do you all recommend to protect the aluminum door sills from scratches?

I also was at the Sun 'n Fun fly-in and tried to get a picture of my C7 with the P-38 Glacier Girl. (Note to self, get a better flash…)

Attachments

·
Registered
810 Posts
Cool pic. I know Expel makes stuff for sills, and I plan on putting it on mine.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Great shot - I'm a big fan of the P-38!

FYI - don't blame your flash....being both an engineer and a photographer, apologies in advance for the following, but light intensity falls off at the square of the distance.....so the light intensity is 1/9th as strong at 4 feet away as it is at 1 foot.....and thats a BIG plane!

Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
429 Posts
what do you all recommend to protect the aluminum door sills from scratches?
When I had xpel or 3M, can't remember which, I asked the installer to place a strip on each sill, protecting the plate and the paint. Works great.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Well, I know I've seen this thread somewhere but I can't find it -- anyway, what do you all recommend to protect the aluminum door sills from scratches?

I also was at the Sun 'n Fun fly-in and tried to get a picture of my C7 with the P-38 Glacier Girl. (Note to self, get a better flash…)
A slower shutter speed or higher ISO would have helped capture some of the background light.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks Glen e, I just blew the wad on some Xpel and 3M stuff on Amazon because there is no way I can get my size 14s into/out of the car without hitting something. :lol:
Once I get it all on I'll let everyone know how it goes...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts