Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
It’s funny, i wanted a bright color but I always seem to end up with some version of blue. My ‘16 was Night Race Blue, my truck is North Sky Blue. My Z06 is Grey but let’s be honest, it’s kind of blue also. I can’t quit blue 😂

Reactions: stevec

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Getting back to the desirability of the C8. I think it's a great car but I'm not sold on the styling ... plus my wife says I don't want one :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Automatics are faster and if you want to shift, use the paddle shifters. I’m 73 and have had a Vette everyday since April 24, 1974 when I got my new ‘74. Had sticks but all of my 4 Vette are auto.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well, never say never but I seriously doubt if I'll ever buy one. I mean they look nice and are a good advancement in the line but they are all autos..... sorry, I want a manual.
I felt that way as well until my wife bought her orange C8. I track both my vehicles my 2014 C7 and her 2020 C8 I can tell you this the DCT transmission is nothing like an old-school torque converter transmission it really is an automated manual transmission. I actually enjoy it but then again I appreciate my manual transmission as wellI. I appreciate both.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was SO, SO disappointed when I first saw the C-8 at SEMA. I like the front end treatment. I like the rear end look. I could live with the side scoops but NOT with the ugly nacel side buttresses. A convertible needs to be a fully disappearing fabric with "wind in my (receeding) hair. I eagerly await a C-9 hybrid.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts