Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey question for those that either did a factory order or had a dealer locate your '14 Stingray...

What was the down payment for a factory order?

What was the down payment to do a locate?

Just doing some initial homework and would appreciate any information so I don't go into the dealership w/o some idea.

TIA!

·
Registered
283 Posts
I put a $1,000 deposit to order my corvette, if thats what you're asking

·
Registered
136 Posts
$2,000 for MacMulkin.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
$500.00 when order placed

·
Registered
217 Posts
$2500 when ordered in Tx

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Indeed! I was just curious if there were hard numbers for a factory order - like 10% down or something. I am a bit surprised there isn't a minimum deposit in that case.

I understand that various dealerships would also ask for different numbers for a locate - again , just curious what i was going to walk into.

Thanks for all the replies.

·
Administrator
16,313 Posts
Racer X: as others have said it is really up to the dealer or dealer organization. It is not set nor monitored nor controlled by GM. That's why you will find some dealers require no deposit while others require several thousand or more to hold the order. Same thing is true for the practice is selling at or below MSRP or charging "market adjustment" of several thousand or more over MSRP. Again GM does not control nor intervene on what the individual dealer sells the Stingray at.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Racer X: as others have said it is really up to the dealer or dealer organization. It is not set nor monitored nor controlled by GM. That's why you will find some dealers require no deposit while others require several thousand or more to hold the order. Same thing is true for the practice is selling at or below MSRP or charging "market adjustment" of several thousand or more over MSRP. Again GM does not control nor intervene on what the individual dealer sells the Stingray at.
Indeed - there is quite a variation as seen by the replies.. anywhere from 0 to 5K!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Yep, mine was zero down to order from my local guy. But then again I've purchased my last seven or so cars from him too. There is something to be said for forming good dealer relationships.

·
Registered
114 Posts
$500 refundable at StingRay chevrolet in Plant City Florida. Placed order 8-12-14

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Indeed - there is quite a variation as seen by the replies.. anywhere from 0 to 5K!
Very true. I remember someone mentioning on another thread that they paid for the car in full at the time of order - I think that would count as 100% down!

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Whatever you do, don't make a non-refundable deposit to a smaller dealer so large that it approaches the dealer's profit margin on a sale. Which may be the case on supplier or employee pricing.

I intend to go with one of the site sponsors, and on a purchase in the $70K range, any refundable deposit up to $3K or so seems reasonable, as their track records in getting cars to their customers on a timely basis is stellar.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts