Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Supposedly, there is an update out that fixes the annoying programming in manuals that makes the drivers seat return to memory set position upon opening the door rather than after you get in...

While not a perfect solution, I read on the form that there was an update that would let you get in at the exit seat position and when you push the Start button, seat and mirrors would return to set position....

Went to dealer today for oil change and "all updates" including this one, which I was assured was done.....however, when I got the car back, had to reset the seat memory and didn't test this function....Not fixed.. I know, my bad, but it does not appear on the auto settings/comfort/auto memory recall...I can't find it anywhere else...

Any idea where in settings I might find it, or did the dealer just lie to me about doing the update?:toetap: If so, I'll really be po'd since dealer is an hour away.

·
18,670 Posts
Sorry you are still having problems. This issue keeps coming around. Here is a thread that may have helpful information. Many others smarter than me on this issue, but do remember a repeat comment that for your car (all manual trans cars) that one of the keys is not to ever put your seat the last 1/4 back, as when that happens, it hits a switch (or similar) that causes it to forget what it should be doing.

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-owners-logbook/3171-seat-exit-memory.html

Hopefully one of these things helps or someone who have a manual can post their solution, for a software update may only be part of this.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
If there isn't an option under Vehicle -> Comfort and Convenience -> Auto Memory Recall for "On - Start" then the program update was not applied properly. Prior to the update there was only one option but now there should be 2. If the On - Start option is there and selected but it doesn't move then you probably have FOB #2. To test that save a seat and steering wheel position in memory 2 and see if it works.

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
There is a setting in the list in the center screen that you must turn on. Play around and search for that easy exit setting, and make sure it is enabled.

Have you reprogrammed in an exit location and a memory location tied to your fob and buttons on the driver's door?

If that, and what John wrote above, do not work, then I am out of ideas...

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
And now I see that Mark has given you all the details you need!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry you are still having problems. This issue keeps coming around. Here is a thread that may have helpful information. Many others smarter than me on this issue, but do remember a repeat comment that for your car (all manual trans cars) that one of the keys is not to ever put your seat the last 1/4 back, as when that happens, it hits a switch (or similar) that causes it to forget what it should be doing.

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-owners-logbook/3171-seat-exit-memory.html

Hopefully one of these things helps or someone who have a manual can post their solution, for a software update may only be part of this.
Thanks Elegant, but supposedly GM was aware of the problem and put out an update for it...was told it was applied, yet apparently it was not or I can't find it where it is supposed to be..unfortunately, the local dealers have no c7 experience and are useless, so I am stuck with a dealer an hour away who says they fixed it and did not....wish there was a way to download the fix myself......:mad:

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
Supposedly, there is an update out that fixes the annoying programming in manuals that makes the drivers seat return to memory set position upon opening the door rather than after you get in...

While not a perfect solution, I read on the form that there was an update that would let you get in at the exit seat position and when you push the Start button, seat and mirrors would return to set position....

Went to dealer today for oil change and "all updates" including this one, which I was assured was done.....however, when I got the car back, had to reset the seat memory and didn't test this function....Not fixed.. I know, my bad, but it does not appear on the auto settings/comfort/auto memory recall...I can't find it anywhere else...

Any idea where in settings I might find it, or did the dealer just lie to me about doing the update?:toetap: If so, I'll really be po'd since dealer is an hour away.
The key to knowing if the update was made is if your presets were wiped out when you picked the car up. If your presets were gone then the update is there. Make sure you do not set the seat all the way back on exit as it trips a switch And will not work. Move the seat up an inch or so and reset it.

Go to settings, vehicle, comfort and convenience,auto memory recall, check at ignition on. Go to easy exit options , check on.
Exit settings, reset your presets. Done. You must have the parking brake set for it to work. Done

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
If it's not showing in the menu, it's not in the car. Like Liner Boy mentioned, if it is in the menu and selected, the parking brake has got to be applied or it will not work. I always set mine when I park anyway, so my reset works every time.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Can you snap a picture of the Vehicle -> Comfort... -> Auto Recall screen?

Here's a short video on how to find that screen (please excuse the quality of the video, i just wanted to get something up to help people find the setting)

Here's a static picture of what that screen looks like after the update.

seatmemory.jpg

Reactions: greggshere

·
Registered
2020 C8 Z51
1,435 Posts

Assuming you have a standard trans, and if the update wasn't done no need to have the seat move to the preset position when you open the door. Have had my C7 since October 2013. Just set Easy Exit ON and program the exit position you want, then turn Auto Recall OFF not ON. When you get in you'll just have to hold the desired recall button in until the setting go the programed setting. In fact I have no intention of getting the new software, in my opinion it is a patch and not like what I was hoping which was to make it like the C6.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Assuming you have a standard trans, and if the update wasn't done no need to have the seat move to the preset position when you open the door. Have had my C7 since October 2013. Just set Easy Exit ON and program the exit position you want, then turn Auto Recall OFF not ON. When you get in you'll just have to hold the desired recall button in until the setting go the programed setting. In fact I have no intention of getting the new software, in my opinion it is a patch and not like what I was hoping which was to make it like the C6.
Then you are missing out, I had the update and it's so much easier and works the way it should IMHO. BTW, even with the old software you don't need to hold down the button unless you need to move the seat up to depress the clutch. Luckily the only thing I move is the steering column, I have no need to move the seat back to get in and out. Even if you can't depress the clutch the seat will move by pressing the start button. Then, when you are in position you depress the clutch and press the start button again. That's what my wife does when she drives. Once you get used to it it's much easier than holding down the memory button.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts