Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my windows tinted on my 2015 and now the driver seat is in the most forward position possible and will not go back. when I move the button forward the motor is working as is the lumbar but no up down or backwards?
Did they get water on something? anyone help?

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
Just had my windows tinted on my 2015 and now the driver seat is in the most forward position possible and will not go back. when I move the button forward the motor is working as is the lumbar but no up down or backwards?
Did they get water on something? anyone help?
K25daytona,

Sorry to hear that your driver seat will not go back. I understand the displeasure when dealing with a matter like this. Although you're seeking opinions from others, I'd be happy to communicate your concerns with the Customer Experience Managers (CEM) at your GM dealer of choice. Please know that you're welcome to message us privately if you would like to discuss this further, or if you simply want this matter documented.

Sincerely,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
89 Posts
There are limit sensors behind the seats under the carpet on the rear bulkhead. I'm betting that they were in there trying to tint the rear hatch glass and were putting pressure on the sensor strip. The sensor runs vertically in the center of the carpet behind each seat. If they are tripped (pressing on them) it will limit the rear movement of the seat. You can first try to pound on that area with your open hand (as if you were trying to beat dust out of a carpet) and then attempt to move the seat. If they were leaning or kneeling in this area they may have put extra pressure on the sensor strip closing one or more of the momentary contacts. If that doesn't work, you will need to unplug the sensor strip for 30 seconds to reset the limit sensor. You will need to peel back the carpet on the rear wall behind the seat to access the connector. It is roughly 8-10 inches from the centerline behind the seats.

·
Administrator
16,301 Posts
Thanks talon90- excellent directions and good to know.

Reactions: Danuel O

·
Registered
54 Posts
There are limit sensors behind the seats under the carpet on the rear bulkhead. I'm betting that they were in there trying to tint the rear hatch glass and were putting pressure on the sensor strip. The sensor runs vertically in the center of the carpet behind each seat. If they are tripped (pressing on them) it will limit the rear movement of the seat. You can first try to pound on that area with your open hand (as if you were trying to beat dust out of a carpet) and then attempt to move the seat. If they were leaning or kneeling in this area they may have put extra pressure on the sensor strip closing one or more of the momentary contacts. If that doesn't work, you will need to unplug the sensor strip for 30 seconds to reset the limit sensor. You will need to peel back the carpet on the rear wall behind the seat to access the connector. It is roughly 8-10 inches from the centerline behind the seats.
This worked for me too when I got stuck at the Caravan with the seat all the way forward...(Pounding on the carpet)
I was a little panicky thinking the wife would have to ride back to NC in the wayback....:)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
This is such an awesome tip. I was just cleaning my car to get it ready to put away for the winter. I moved the seat forward to see if the leather is comining apart at the back of the headrest. The seat wouldn't move back into position. "Knocked" the dust off the carpet, the seat moved right back.
Thanks for the tip. Saved a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I had put a small wooden box behind the drivers seat and it was pressing against the seat and the ridge (I have the coupe). This limited the seat movement and I thought I had an issue. Remembered that I had thrown the box back there and pulled it out. Seat moves perfectly again for exit and entering so I am assuming some level of the sensor was triggered up high on the seat and not just on the carpeting.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Just found another reason that the seat would not slide backwards. If your seat back is tilted forwards, the seat will not slide back. Tilt the seat back into a normal driving position and the seat slides freely.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What a save !

Picked up my Stingray two days ago (born 3/29/2016). Today I wanted to adjust the passenger seat (first time) and noticed that the seat only moves forward, never back. It ended in a very awkward position. Swung by a Chevy dealer in town - 'we have to make an appointment for a diagnosis, next week'. Google to the rescue (and the Forum !) . I came across your post, two taps on the carpeted area behind the seat - moves like a charm. Its obviously even happening with brand new cars.

Thank you for this excellent 'Timesaver'

·
Administrator
16,301 Posts
Welcome to our forum Marius. Glad your issue was quickly resolved! :eek:nthego:

·
Registered
739 Posts
What a great help. Thanks for being so helpful!

·
Administrator
16,301 Posts
Welcome to our forum Danuel O and glad this older post was of help!

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Danuel O, welcome aboard to SRF and it's good to know that an archived thread can help out others dealing with Gremlins.

SF
Rick

1 - 15 of 15 Posts