Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My driver side view mirror will not adjust left to right. It will adjust up and down. The passenger side adjusts all 4 ways so I know the switch is good.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
That's not normal. A trip to the dealer would be my next step.

·
Administrator
16,508 Posts
Sounds like you need to take it to the dealer, however, first close/fold the driver mirror unit so it is parallel to the door. Then pop it back open to its normal position and see if maybe it now works.

·
18,670 Posts
Good be stripped gears, for clearly it is getting electrical power. Or, maybe two electrical wires, one powering up and down, one rotation, with the latter one coming loose...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dealer Visit Update: The initial review from the service advisor was the entire mirror assembly needed to be replaced because the're impossible to take apart. I pressed on this because, I told him, I watched a video online of someone disassembling one. I was also uncomfortable with a installing a new mirror assembly due to potential paint match issues.

After review with the parts department, we confirmed that the mirror does come apart and it is controlled by 1 actuator that clips onto the glass. He ordered the actuator and, with some pressing, also ordered replacement glass in the event that the glass is broken when removing it from the actuator.

I'll keep you updated when the repair is complete. I deferred it to my next oil change.

·
18,670 Posts
Good for you to research in advance, prod them into doing the right thing. anapurano, you are a prime example of getting better service because you did your homework. Well done!!!

·
Registered
571 Posts
And a good update. John

·
18,670 Posts
The fact that is working again, again suggests to me a loose electrical connection. Hope it stays "connected," or, second best, that the dealership easily and quickly takes it apart, re-tightens that connection, and you are done forever with this issue. Good luck!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I thought better of letting Chevrolet rip my mirror apart, mostly because they didn't seem confident in the repair process. I still have 1.5 years left on my B2B. If it acts up again, I'll have it fixed .

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Dealer Visit Update: The initial review from the service advisor was the entire mirror assembly needed to be replaced
I'd let the dealer replace the "entire mirror assembly" if it "acts up again". Had a similar issue with an SRX I had and thats what they did. Quick, successful.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts