·
Administrator
16,279 Posts
Well they certainly match your Stingray photo :cool:

Reactions: C7AMFAST

·
Registered
292 Posts
C7AMFAST - Got the shoes on the right feet. Good for you. There are some mornings I'm not so lucky.

jsvette - Now I'm with the program. Torch RED shoes. As if my Torch Red Vette doesn't get enough attention already. I'm ready to step up to the plate with red shoes.

Suzy Cruisy - I like the fashion statement.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I have a pair of Nike for the car.
Haven't purchased a set of track shoes, I think I'd feel like a wanker prancing around in them at the track.

Reactions: Ragtop

·
Registered
557 Posts
I drive barefoot or socks if working. More room to move around and stretch out next to the pedals. My feet get hot in shoes. I use slip-on shoes and slide them under the seat...as much as one can in a C7!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Piloti: Stradale CL or Spyder SV or DTM-R (my favorite) are all great choices. They are designed for easier heel toe shifting and have a narrow toe box to create more clearance between the pedals. Nothing worse than a wide shoe hitting the pedals. I have been using Piloti for over 10 years and never had an issue. Also they look like a casual shoe so you don't have to change them after tracking. If you are going to be using the car at the track consider the sole compound. You want a shoe that will not hold on to oil, a real problem if it gets on the pedals. $100 is what they cost.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Years ago I had a pair of John Surtees Racing shoes. They were great. They were very light, went on and off like loafers, and had a thin, but firm, sole that was not slippery and made good contact with the pedals. But they stopped selling them, I think, because they were not fire resistant.

I think you want something with a thin sole that is not slippery. For brake feel, I don't think you want something with a very cushioned sole.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
No special shoes here, whatever I'm wearing will do. As long as the shoes are working on my C7, I'm good to go!!

SF
Rick

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
In the old days, some SCCA racers wore boxing shoes.

Reactions: V1 VR
1 - 20 of 44 Posts