Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would share with yall in case you're interested

My car (2015 C7 Z51) is exclusively a track car and gets trailered everywhere.

NASA time trials utilizes a classing system and the particular class I compete in is TT2 which is a power/weight ratio class.

My car has 90% interior, a roll bar (not a full cage yet) harnesses, after market seats, xpipe and muffler delete with lighter wheels and DBA rotors.

With a full tank of fuel the car weighed in at 3393lbs and dyno'd peak @ 416.97hp & 415.59 Torque.

The fuel is estimated to weigh around 115lbs for 18.5 gallons (give or take)
Just thought it was interesting data.

dynono.jpg
IMG_2514.JPG

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
lobsterroboto, since your C7 Masterpiece is strictly for track use, how many sets of tires have you wheeled through? Do you have any plans in the future for more weight reduction?

SF
Rick

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. That is interesting information. Did you also get corner weights?
I did, but I left them on my desk at the office. :(

lobsterroboto, since your C7 Masterpiece is strictly for track use, how many sets of tires have you wheeled through? Do you have any plans in the future for more weight reduction?

SF
Rick
Whooo weeee... a ton. rear tires last twice as long as front tires and the super sports while great for the road don't last very long for track use. Though a lot of them were purchased used.

As far as additional weight reduction, I do plan on pulling the carpet and all the plastics. I need to fab up door coverings after I remove the door trim, but that's coming as soon as the cage is built fully forward.

I'm planning on getting a CF roof (currently have the clear) and im looking for one in "okay" shape because I don't want to drop 2K on a roof just to modify it to fit on my car. That's good for I think for a few pounds.

I'm also going to replace the rear hatch with a carbon fiber assembly and remove the primary cats.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Plenty of future mods to complete and can only imagine the tires that the track ate up. Post shots every now and then to show the progress of your C7.R Masterpiece.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Just finished loading it up for a weekend at NOLA motorsports park.

I don't think I'll be able to win my class for time trials but I'll have fun losing!
Best fun ever had losing too. Car looks awesome and I pray you do well. Can you educate us on what is TT2?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Best fun ever had losing too. Car looks awesome and I pray you do well. Can you educate us on what is TT2?
NASA (national autosports association) has a classing system for cars in both wheel to wheel racing and time trials

TT (time trials) the 2 is the power to weight ratio class.

TT1 would be a Z06 where as a TT3 would be (I think) a Cayman

Then you have another point based classes like TTE & TTD

The classes are more or less transposed to wheel to wheel to my car would class as a ST2 car (super touring) for wheel to wheel racing.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
View attachment 204241

Will do Marine!

Just finished loading it up for a weekend at NOLA motorsports park.

I don't think I'll be able to win my class for time trials but I'll have fun losing!
lobsterroboto, cool looking setup, do you carry an extra set of tires to the track? So if you remove more items off your vehicle would race in a different class?

SF
Rick

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Basically the weight and power are on a point scale so there is some flexibility.

I can reduce some weight and add marginal power and remain in the class. If I reduce too much weight or too much power it?ll have to reclass

Hope that helps

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I finally bit the bullet

I got LG motorsports sway bars & LG G2 coilovers for the car.

I'll be installing them next month. Probably gonna sell off my MSRC stuff and Z51 sways to subsidize

The 2018 time trial season should be a lot of fun

·
Registered
677 Posts
Have you seen the build thread on the other forum where someone installed exactly those items for his track car?

·
Registered
677 Posts
:) :) :)

Makes sense.. he has a White Z51 like yours :)

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yah I've been following his thread for a while, we have a couple divergent viewpoints on how the car should be setup but then again we're in different parts of the country and the tracks I drive aren't the ones he's used to.
We do agree on quite a bit, so when he decided to move to the Penske setup I jumped on these for a good price.

MSRC while a fantastic setup for occasional track use and road use it just can't handle what I put them through and to be really competitive in TT ill need to upgrade the suspension for sure.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
went out this last weekend to the track before installing the coilovers & sways to get a baseline.

I'm probably wont get around to installing the coilovers until mid december and then I hope to get back out to the track to get a feel for them prior to the event at the end of January.

Img_20502.JPG

·
Registered
677 Posts
Hi - what track is that?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts