Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Edelbrock e-force supercharger on my 2015 Z51. It dynos at 559/643 HP and 575/661 ft lbs torque. I am not a racer but find myself breaking the wheels loose sometimes when I didn't want to like if I leave a stop light with a tad too much accelerator. I am running the Michelin Super Sports that were original equipment. Any ideas on how to get the new power to the ground a little better? First and 2nd gears are a sleigh ride.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
I have an Edelbrock e-force supercharger on my 2015 Z51. It dynos at 559/643 HP and 575/661 ft lbs torque. I am not a racer but find myself breaking the wheels loose sometimes when I didn't want to like if I leave a stop light with a tad too much accelerator. I am running the Michelin Super Sports that were original equipment. Any ideas on how to get the new power to the ground a little better? First and 2nd gears are a sleigh ride.
Thats a problem. You gotta cut down on the horsepower. Keep traction control engaged. Maybe new tires.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Bulos, try the egg approach while accelerating from the stopped position, ease into it without breaking the egg between your shoe and the accelerator. The power will always be there whenever you need it.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Wouldn't it depend on the drive mode as well? Touring/Weather would be the least on the acceleration program.

·
Registered
143 Posts
You just have to get used to it. I had a supercharged C6 with 665rwhp and had to learn how far into the throttle I could go in 1st and 2nd.

·
18,667 Posts
The nature of lots of power overpowering the tires traction — compounded greatly by lower temperatures (as applicable). Even on a 90 degree day, I can spin my tires on my Z06 easily through at least three gears. So my process is, in cold weather to use weather mode as suggested above, and when in sport mode on warm/hot days, to modulate the throttle until she “hooks up.”

Never was a problem in my first car, a 140 HP, 1956 Chevy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
elegant
Stingray Corvette Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to the 7th Gen Corvette Stingray. Come join the discussion on performance modifications, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing