Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any insight???
I have had a TPW of 2/24 since the first of Feb, including the last time I checked in w a Chevy Cust Rep, just last Fri 2/21.

Then yesterday, when I checked with Cust Serv (yes I am obsessed) they told me my car was "on the production line since 2/19"

Seemingly this is good news, woohoo!

Anyone else experience this bump up at last minute or thereafter?

Any insight as to the chance this means everything is moved up by 3 business days?

I'm not just asking for hypothetical reasons either. My dealer estimated a 3/12 delivery based on a 2/24 TPW. But I have a road trip to FL planned on 3/7-3/10, so you can see why a 3 business day bump up would be a big deal to me!!!

MrG 69
Soon to be the proud owner of my 3rd Vette, a CGM 7sp Z51 Coupe
** Sent from mobile using Corvette Stingray Forum **

·
Registered
480 Posts
Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
10,542 Posts
You have to consider how long it remains bayed before the trucks pick it up to take it somewhere. That could be up to 10 days just for that. Then you have to consider if there will be an intermediate drop-off location before transport begins again. Shipping can take up to four weeks in some unhappy cases. But since you are in Atlanta, it probably won't take more than two weeks, max, I would guess. It could be much less than that too. For example, they might be one car from a full load heading in your direction, and you could jump on as the last car, and be on your way in a flash. Who knows for sure?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
My TPW is next Monday 3-3-14, just checked with Chat and called customer care and it still is next Monday, you got me all exited I was thinking maybe they will build mine tomorrow :(

·
Registered
36 Posts
TPW is target production week. It could be anytime during the week. Our TPW was 2/17 and our baby was completed with a Vin number available on the morning of 2/22. We were told the system updates once each night.
Each car spends 2-3 days on the line in production.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My TPW is next Monday 3-3-14, just checked with Chat and called customer care and it still is next Monday, you got me all exited I was thinking maybe they will build mine tomorrow :(
FYI... My TPW was never changed, it was always 2/24 right up until 2/24. But on 2/25 the status update from Cust serv was, "your car is on the production line as of 2/19".

MrG 69

·
18,670 Posts
All else being equal, earlier production = earlier delivery. Unfortunately with the amount of shipping variables, no guarantees.

As you are getting yours in the Atlanta area, it is hopefully going right onto to a transporter truck (thankfully no rail). Hope it arrives the day before you think it will.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You have to consider how long it remains bayed before the trucks pick it up to take it somewhere. That could be up to 10 days just for that. Then you have to consider if there will be an intermediate drop-off location before transport begins again. Shipping can take up to four weeks in some unhappy cases. But since you are in Atlanta, it probably won't take more than two weeks, max, I would guess. It could be much less than that too. For example, they might be one car from a full load heading in your direction, and you could jump on as the last car, and be on your way in a flash. Who knows for sure?
Thank you, I do understand all that. I know things can vary, but "best case" WAS 3/13 and I'm just wondering if others have any similar experience w there cars getting on the production line earlier than had been "targeted".

So... While I appreciate the good intentions, I don't need anyone else to speculatively quell my anxious anticipation by telling me how long it could take.

I'm just looking for people w accelerated production start date experiences like mine and to hear if their production complete/ship date was moved up proportionately.

MrG 69

·
Registered
13 Posts
How do I get my TPW? Customer service chat at "track my Chevrolet" had little to no information. My order was placed 12/28, dealer allotment is 2 C7's / month… Hoping to have mine in April.

·
Registered
371 Posts
How do I get my TPW? Customer service chat at "track my Chevrolet" had little to no information. My order was placed 12/28, dealer allotment is 2 C7's / month… Hoping to have mine in April.
What is your status code? If you are at 1100, 2000 or 3000 a TPW will not be available. A TPW becomes available at 3300 Order scheduled for production, at least it did for me. I ordered mine Dec 16,2013 and have a TPW of march 10, 2014. I am also hoping for April delivery. Hopefully no later then may which is my 30th bday :)

·
18,670 Posts
2014C7: Enter your six digit order code, starting with a capital letter "R," on the last page of the following thread and monitor ChevroletCustomerCare's responses over the following few days:

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...-chevy-cust-care-tracking-your-order-164.html

Hope you car is produced for you soon!

·
Registered
371 Posts
TPW 3/10 for me as well Derrick1812... Have you seen a good thread re: shipping timelines?
I know shipping can vary but I have seen anywhere from 2-6 weeks depending on quality control inspections, shipping (rail or truck) and dealer prep. So we will see. Hoping for the best but expecting the worst just in case ;)

·
Registered
873 Posts
2014C7: Enter your six digit order code, starting with a capital letter "R," on the last page of the following thread and monitor ChevroletCustomerCare's responses over the following few days:

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...-chevy-cust-care-tracking-your-order-164.html

Hope you car is produced for you soon!
You will get much better info from Chevy using this link, than going onto the Chevy website. The people manning that chat line are all but useless, compared to the ones who monitor this forum thread.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You will get much better info from Chevy using this link, than going onto the Chevy website. The people manning that chat line are all but useless, compared to the ones who monitor this forum thread.

I would totally disagree! My experience has been the complete opposite over the last 2 months.

MrG 69

·
Registered
62 Posts

I've actually had real good experience with chat. Got my TPW and VIN from them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ordered my C7 on 12/28 and just checked… Still at 1100 and "no TPW" has been scheduled yet. I'm thinking April is out of the question.

·
Administrator
16,490 Posts
Ordered my C7 on 12/28 and just checked… Still at 1100 and "no TPW" has been scheduled yet. I'm thinking April is out of the question.
If you are still at 1100 a couple of things may be happening: your dealer does not have any allocations and therefore can't place your order; your dealer may have allocations but has not given one of them to you and therefore your order has not been accepted for production by GM. If your dealer claims to have placed your order and given you an allocation of theirs, ask to see the GMWorkbench print out with your order number, your name and current status. If you continue to get no where I suggest you contact one of the supporting dealer vendors on our forum who can get you your Stingray and or see what they have in current inventory.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts