Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have less than 2000 miles on my TR Auto Base C7. I do not notice much if any difference in MPG between Economy mode vs Touring mode. I am still very happy but curious. Does anyone else agree? I love this car more with each mile!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I understand you wanting to know the difference between the two. enjoy the sport mode and once in a while the track mode. It's a high performance sports car that is very capable of economy. Perhaps you should purchase a Prius so you can better enjoy your corvette.

·
Registered
378 Posts
from what I noticed,
economy goes into v4 mode quicker, and stays there a bit longer under light acceleration.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I have less than 2000 miles on my TR Auto Base C7. I do not notice much if any difference in MPG between Economy mode vs Touring mode. I am still very happy but curious. Does anyone else agree? I love this car more with each mile!
Automatic or Manual trans?

·
Registered
126 Posts
ok i know this has nothing to do with this thread but i didn't know where to go for my question. SO if im going to hit some back roads with a lot of turns what mode do i go in? and also do i put it in dry,wet, or one of the other settings? Someone help me out on this one. just want to go hit some back roads with some turns but have the car help me as much as possible to keep me safe. Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Sport would be your best option. That way all the traction controls remain but they are dialed back a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I kind of knew better than to make a post on "economy" It is that it just amazes me that a car with that much performance can get better than 12 MPG. My last post on MPG and more about the crazy performance.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
gwm, what akpancake said is true, it does stay in v4 mode longer that I have noticed in Eco mode with cruise control. It will kick into v8 once you come up to a small hill or bridge, and then kick back down to v4. It is just a fantastic performance machine!

SF
Rick

·
Registered
122 Posts
I get over 37 mpg in eco mode. I only use that mode when I'm driving on the highway long distance. Touring mode gets around 23-26 mpg. But I'm usually in sport or track cause this car was meant to be driven. ...11-15 mpg on those modes.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
104 Posts
When I first got my C7 I did a little test on city driving in economy, touring, and sport. The car got about 1 mile a gallon more in Econ. Have not used Econ since. I didn't get this wonderful machine to save money on gas.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts