Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every week this forum sends a ton of emails to me about thread updates. I have searched around the site to see how to turn this off, but I have not found out how.

How can I stop those weekly emails from blasting my personal email inbox?

Thank you!

-Rodney

Reactions: Tom0021 and Boomer

·
Registered
186 Posts
Go to the settings link in the top right corner of the screen. This will bring you to your settings. There is a link titled "Subscriptions". Click on that and it lists every thread you participated in and the frequency of which you get notifications. If you don't want notifications, check the box to the right and scroll to the bottom and there is a drop down box named "Selected Threads". Use that to delete any that you want. Also, go to the general settings link on the left and you can set your default subscription rate under message and notification section.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, Brandon! In the general setting I changed it to "through the control panel only". I am going to give it a week and see what it does now.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
What does the "through the control panel only" mean in English?

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What does the "through the control panel only" mean in English?
I don't know yet. Hopefully someone else can chime in and tell us. Otherwise, I should know by next week.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
If I recall correctly it means you will be notified when your on the site via the site notification system. You might just want to turn them off entirely.

·
Registered
220 Posts
If I recall correctly it means you will be notified when your on the site via the site notification system. You might just want to turn them off entirely.
That should be the default setting IMO.

·
Registered
286 Posts
At the very bottom of the Forum e-mails I receive is the message, "to unsubscribe click" followed by a link. Clicking on this link has unsubscribed me from those threads.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I don't know yet. Hopefully someone else can chime in and tell us. Otherwise, I should know by next week.
I guess us 2 are not worthy for just one of the other members to chime in and tell us what to expect in 1 weeks time or we are the only 2 members who have setup this setting?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I have the same issue as well. Get about 40 emails on Monday morning. On my iPhone I have the settings as described so I will check my home computer when I get home in a few days.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I turned my setting to OFF / "Do Not Subscribe" and still get them from time to time. I'll go a week and not get any, then bam 20 emails. Must be a glitch.
Just checked it again, I'll see if it works this time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts