Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I have a 2019 C7 Z06 w/ 7,000 miles. In the past 2 months, the car has been hesitating/pushing back while cruising at 2500-3000 rpms. Almost feels like a "jake brake" or governor is being activated, but there's no codes or check engine lights activated.

I've never beat on the car and the only modifications I have completed is a cat back and X-pipe. (No tunes). Any recommendations or owners w/ same issue. Thanks!

·
Administrator
17,298 Posts
Welcome to our forum. Are you noticing an rpm drop or what is occurring? Those rpms seems to indicate a high mph cruise.

·
Administrator
17,298 Posts
So no loss of RPMs, just intermittent shutters where it feels the car is pushing back. Almost like driving a 4 cylinder and turning on the AC
What Mode are you in when it occurs? Does it coincide with a shift from V8 to V4?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello, I have a 2019 C7 Z06 w/ 7,000 miles. In the past 2 months, the car has been hesitating/pushing back while cruising at 2500-3000 rpms. Almost feels like a "jake brake" or governor is being activated, but there's no codes or check engine lights activated.

I've never beat on the car and the only modifications I have completed is a cat back and X-pipe. (No tunes). Any recommendations or owners w/ same issue. Thanks!
Does this occur while the traction is on? Mine feels like that when the traction control is on.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Does it happen if you put it in manual rather than D? Could be the active fuel management going between 4 and 8 cyl.

·
Registered
101 Posts

Could it just be cylinder deactivation?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts