Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed, particularly in 2nd gear, that the engine sounds different and I feel a lot of vibration in the gear shift right around 1900 revs. It drops off by 2000. I feel it less in 1st, but it's there, same as 3rd. 2nd must be just the right engine load to really bring it out. Other than that it runs like a beast.

3LT, CGM, 7 MT, Kalahari, NPP, Red Calipers, big,big grin!

·
Registered
419 Posts
It's possibly the car going into "V4" mode. Which driver mode are you in? Have you also tried looking at the "Instant Fuel Economy" screen to see if you are in "V4" mode?

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely not V4. I usually cruise in Track mode and have the M7 tranny. If I accelerate slowly I'll feel the rough vibe come and go. If I hold the revs at 1900 it just runs rough and stays that way.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It just sounds 'rough' like it was running on 7 cylinders. A different pitch to the sound, a very noticeable vibration in my hand and arm.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Check your plug wires, you may have a loose one.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
44 Posts
Track Mode

FYI for ToonTowner - - the reason they recommend to only use "track mode" on a track is that, should you accidently hit a hole or some object in the road, while in track mode, you may very likely bend a wheel. Learned this at the Ron Fellows performance driving school.

·
Super Moderator
3,362 Posts
FYI for ToonTowner - - the reason they recommend to only use "track mode" on a track is that, should you accidently hit a hole or some object in the road, while in track mode, you may very likely bend a wheel. Learned this at the Ron Fellows performance driving school.
Good to know!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts