Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you [email protected] for your great upgrade of my hood liner. Steve Ray worked his magic and created the first version of my hood liner last December, each and every step sending me the latest "version," asking me if I wanted any changes. I was so blown away by what he did, and also because the exterior of the car is so bold itself, that I told him I want "the quietest hood liner you have ever done."

He created a magnificent draft version, sending it to me and asking if I wanted any changes. "No, it's just perfect." To which he asked, "sure you do not want me to outline the "650, the TQ and the HP?" I said "no thanks." Definitely should have listened to Steve, should have said YES, for a couple of times at car shows this past summer, after folks looking at the hood liner itself, I was asked, "How much horsepower does it have?

Decided that it needed a Steve Ray enhancement! And below is what it looks like today -- with not only its new outlining, and, in keeping with its "warp speed" theme, its additional red, "mini space explosions."

THANK YOU STEVE RAY FOR ENHANCING YOUR MASTERPIECE. Loved it before. Love it even more now!!!

image.jpeg

·
Administrator
16,510 Posts
Looks great John. Steve did a super job. But inquiring minds want to know- how much horsepower does it have? :witless:

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
10,565 Posts
Jeff, you can read the horsepower numbers from the top line of the hood liner (the line with the largest numbers). It is 206 horsepower. :) LOL! Hehe..

Reactions: Craniac

·
Administrator
16,510 Posts
Jeff, you can read the horsepower numbers from the top line of the hood liner (the line with the largest numbers). It is 206 horsepower. :) LOL! Hehe..
My post was intended as a joke Rodney.

·
Registered
10,565 Posts
My response was also a joke.

I just had to poke fun at John because I know he is so easy-going, and that he will not mind.

Of course, I was playing silly. I acted like his Z06 only has 206 HP. I pretended as if I misread the top line as actually being "206" instead of "Z06". Of course, John will be so pleased to correct me and say it has 650 HP and ft*lbs of torque as shown in the smaller characters below.

Oh well, my joke bombed. I personally did think it was very funny. I laughed out loud here as I was typing it 5 minutes ago.

Anyway, I'm sorry, John. In reality, of course, Steve does amazing work. Congratulations on your enhanced hood liner!

Reactions: Henry427

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
If we still had full service gas stations, that hood liner would attract a crowd when you asked to have the oil checked. :)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Looks fantastic John. The only issue that I'm seeing is that it really makes me wanting to get mine done, but I'm not 100% sure what I wont though.

·
Registered
827 Posts
WOW!!! Looks Great. If I had that, I'd figure out a way to drive with my hood up. :smile:

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
That is AWESOME!

2015 budget is busted so I want one but now its next year which is great as I have no idea what I want on it.....BUT man I want one too!!!

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Bet you and many others have already found his web site, with its over 160 hood liner choices. (Will take a while to download.)

HOOD LINERS | Airbrush Incorporated Inc | custom airbrushed artwork for your Corvette or Motorcycle

And, the great thing about Steve is that he will work with you to create what your want, and make it better than you have been envisioned -- even if your original sketch is very sketchy. Here is what I originally sent Steve as my idea, and the heading on the top is true, I really did get a "D" in 4th grade art -- not that you will doubt that my art teacher accurately graded me, or maybe I should have gotten an "F"?

image.jpeg

And as you check out other sections of his web site, you will see he does way more than just hood liners, e.g. the StingRay on jagamajajaran's exterior hood. WOW!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts