Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
16,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NCM released a very informative video from the bash, where Paul Pearson helps navigate through the C7 Navigation system. He starts by going into the differences by MY and then as appropriate highlights any difference when he is talking about various aspects. The video is long, but very helpful.

·
Super Moderator
3,359 Posts
We could not attend his BASH presentation. Thank you for sharing the video.

·
Administrator
16,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We could not attend his BASH presentation. Thank you for sharing the video.
My pleasure. There is always (or almost always) something new to learn even after over 2 years of driving pleasure in RedHot. :eek:nthego:

·
Administrator
16,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
925 Posts
Very informative video. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Video was Informative, however I didn’t see the issue I’m having. I had a 2016 stingray base model. While in NAV. The Mode selector changed the +\- zoom in and out. I just purchased a 2016 Z51. When I’m in NAV the Mode selector changes the radio only.? I looked through settings and couldn’t find anything. Anyone know how to make the middle mode selector change the zoom and not the radio? Very annoying to have to press the +\- with my finger. Am I missing something obvious?

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
681 Posts
I am pretty tech saavy but the GM NAV in a lot of ways is counterintuitive and I think OEMs should do more collaboration with the 3rd parties like Google and Waze Maps on creating user friendly Navigation systems.

I've done multiple updates on the OEM NAV in search and hope that all the shortcomings will be fixed. However, I find that there are still lagging compared to other alternatives. To test to be able to trust OEM, I would run Dash Nav and run other apps simultaneously and it still amazes me that routes the OEM takes you is more often than not different from many 3rd party apps as well as routes that I know is the best route opposite of what it is suggesting.

Some might say 3rd party app Waze redirects you from traffic jams real-time which is true but when there are no extenuating circumstances like rush hour or accidents the routes that OEM uses aren't the best. The good thing is newer cars you can connect and use Apple/Android Carplay and have your infotainment screen mirror your phone. Lastly, the voice recognition to speak audibly directions to the Nav system is painfully frustrating and to date don't thing I have been successful using that feature more than a few times before giving up due to frustrations.

Interesting enough when I drive in my buddy's convertible Mustang where he has the top down 80% of the time and he uses 100% voice recognition for call and navigation an the system is incredibly accurate on first command and the sound cancellation while driving with top down is incredible. When he calls me and we are both in the car, I always ask him is his top down only to confirm that I know it is but you wouldn't know it. GM has to do better is what I am saying!

Thanks for listing to my rant but when I saw the topic it just made me growl with frustration - lol.

That said, for my 2014 since the Navigation suggested I go 5 miles opposite direction from my Waze which gave a straight-line to my destination after two $99 upgrades I am going to breakdown and purchase the $1400 Apply Carplay conversion for my 2014 as I want the ability to mirror my phone on the dash.

I spoke with Infotainment Company today about the difference in their $1400 vs $1000 option. Also, if you are military active or retired you are eligible for 10% savings discount using code: holiday

1. This Option allows you to keep Factory NAV infotainment functionality if you currently have:

• 2014-2015 Chevrolet Corvette MyLink® IO6GPS Navigation Radio Upgrade: $1400
2. This Option removes Factory NAV infotainment functionality but screen will mirror your phone:
  • 2014-2015 Chevrolet Corvette MyLink® IO5 GPS Navigation Radio Upgrade: $1000

1 - 7 of 7 Posts