3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm test fitting these for VetteFx. :)

IMG_6865.JPG

IMG_6863.JPG

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
I like it, just not sure of having vinyl at that particular spot on the car.....I wonder if you can base+clear paint vinyl......hmmmm

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like it, just not sure of having vinyl at that particular spot on the car.....I wonder if you can base+clear paint vinyl......hmmmm
For the moment, I'm just test fitting and taking pics. But I really like the look! I also have a set of smoked Xpel headlight protectors. Just put one on and will post pics soon on another thread. But I didn't like the way the smoked looked because it hides everything under the Xpel. Clear will be the way to go. So, what about clear Xpel over the vinyl? I don't know if that would be an option or not, but it would produce a seamless headlight surface.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Close up...

IMG_6864.JPG

Reactions: YellowZ06 and C7Man

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Have you driven with his mod at night? Does it change the illumination?

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you driven with his mod at night? Does it change the illumination?
It doesn't change the illumination at all, except for the little bit of light that comes through the top of the lens that illuminates the C7 cross flags emblem.

·
Registered
366 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I found this year old thread while looking for a unique visual mod. I like the look very much! Has anyone figured out how to do this? Would the body color paint stick to the headlights?

Also, if you hate it and think I have lost all sense of style, bring it! LOL

Gusto!

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
If you like, go for it. It's cheap enough, and easy to remove if you change your mind.

I'll pass. Chevy got the headlights on this car right, and I don't view this as an improvement. I especially don't like the mismatched cut line where the front clip meets the vinyl, and the line between the vinyl and the body at the inside edge of the headlight. Those might not be as noticeable on a darker color.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts