Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I "ordered" my coupe 3LT Z51 on Feb 24, $1000 down. I got a call from my dealer today saying he is just now getting allotment for a Z51 this week and ordered today. This frustrates me a bit because I was led to believe he was allotted one at the time I placed my deposit. However, what really frustrates me is he informed me that since he did not order back in Feb that now I have to pay the price increase! Of course, being eager to get my vette I agreed to that. I'm sure he knew I would. Am I being taken advantage of? He seems pretty honest, but you know how that goes. He told me that my car will be produced between 4/26 and 5/16. Is it normal for a dealer to have a range of production dates the day he placed the order with GM? Seems fishy. Anyways I am excited that I will supposedly have my Vette by the first of June, I just hope it all works out...

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
Use the advanced search box above to search for

price protection

and you might conclude that your dealer is either incompetent, misinformed, or a liar.

Reactions: U.S. Marine

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
When your order was placed and they cashed the $1000 check did they give you a 6 letter order code? If they did that means they entered it into their workbench system and you are price protected. If they didn't enter the order into the system until this week you aren't. I would demand price protection and escalate to the regional GM rep if they took your money in Feb for an order. If they claim you aren't because THEY didn't enter it into the system before the deadline then I would do everything I could to force THEM to eat the $3200 difference. They have over $8000 profit in the car, they can afford it.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
18,670 Posts
where did you learn about 8k profit? Do you happen to know the margins on 2lt and 1lt?
The specific profit on the trim trim levels alone is as follows (Source: Kelly Blue book).

1LT: $0
2LT: $506
3LT: $961

By working your way around the site, you can find the profit margins on almost every option.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Seems to me, a contract is a contract. You bought it, he sold it at an agreed price, down payment accepted and both signed the paper. done deal. Price increase is for the next guy.

Call your lawyer, ask his advise.

When you get it, you will love it

Best,

Jim

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
where did you learn about 8k profit? Do you happen to know the margins on 2lt and 1lt?
I don't know exactly what he ordered so the $8k is an estimate based on my order, a 2LT Z51 with an MSRP of $66,900 has an invoice of $60500 with a 3% holdback for a margin of ~$8400 + advertising co-op.

Go to edmunds, kbb or nada, they show the invoice on the car and all options, it's accurate. Then add 3% for holdback and you have the rough margin for every flavor Corvette.

Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge the dealers making a profit but I won't cry for them either.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

1 - 7 of 7 Posts