Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am new to the corvette world---never knew there were so many enthusiasts out there and am excited to join the club! I'm a 44 year old female who has wanted a corvette since I was 16. Just placed my order for a C7 last week and it can not get here fast enough.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That is awesome! Congrats! I myself will be a FIRST time corvette owner and can't wait! My order will be sent to GM for officially "accepting the order in the system for production".

:cool:

What did you order exactly? options? etc...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ordered the Torch red Z51, 2LT, black wheels, red calipers. I ordered Kalahari seats but since I haven't seen any pictures of the torch red/Kalahari seats combo, I have been nervous. And now, with some advice from the forum, I think I will change. My dealer said that he can still adjust my order up until Tuesday, so I will probably change to red seats. I just can't go with black...too hot here in Mississippi!
What did you order?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow! I bet it will be gorgeous! You went "all out" for your first corvette. Impressive! I can't wait to see everybody's pictures. Lots of happy folks!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Heck yeah! Glad to hear that you have the car that you have wanted since you were 16! Welcome to the wonderful world of Corvette! What car are you giving up for the C7?

Here is the Kalahari interior.

And the Red.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a Toyota 4Runner which I am keeping, because I have German Shepherd that I have to occasionally take to the Vet or to the Lake, etc... I am NOT about to let him ride in the new 'Vette (ha,ha). I ended up with the Kalahari seats, by the way.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My new stringray is going to look great next to my 2004 Cadillac xlr. I too have been waiting since I was 16 when I drove my first vette, 37 years is a long time to wait but well worth it. I ordered a 2lt crystal red, nav, chrome wheels. The wait is killing me, if I only knew my production week. Heading up to the museum at the end of august to take a look at the c7 for the first time.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I am from the Northwest U.S. and will probably keep snow tires year around on my Toyota Avalon. I don't think the Avalon will see much action in the summer after My first Corvette gets here in Sept or Oct.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got news from the dealer my status code is 3000. Rumors say production to start either this week or next. Crossing my fingers that a target production week is given to me soon. Carlisle vette show this month says that there will be C7's in the engineer tent according to the email sent from my request. I may go to get signatures from the engineers and preview the cars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts