Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I remote start my C7 Z51 is sounds throaty and great but after about 15 seconds it quiets down and sounds like a Toyota corolla. Is there a way to make the exhaust baffles remain open? 016.JPG

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
What you're most likely hearing is the AFM kicking in. Short of riding in the slightly stiffer suspension setting or tuning the car turning the AFM off, you'd have to do the electronic trick.

·
Banned
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did not order the performance exhaust option. Did not realize at the time it would be that much of a difference. It was hard enough getting a C7 here in Hawaii all three dealers were sold out of their allocation of 5 each. I had to order mine from Kerbeck's in Atlantic City, NJ and have it drop shipped to Oahu. Aloha, Mark

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
I did not order the performance exhaust option. Did not realize at the time it would be that much of a difference. It was hard enough getting a C7 here in Hawaii all three dealers were sold out of their allocation of 5 each. I had to order mine from Kerbeck's in Atlantic City, NJ and have it drop shipped to Oahu. Aloha, Mark
If you get a Diablo tuner I believe you can turn the AFM off with that as well come to think of it. If you want "more" exhaust I have some black tip Corsas in stock ;)

PS - not gonna lie, I'm lovin' where that C7 ended up!

·
Banned
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Putting on the vertical door was a bitch. I assumed that the wires would be color coded "not" and when I lengthened them 9 inches it was a pain getting everything working again. Aloha, Mark

·
Registered
957 Posts
I read some have had luck with pulling fuse 41...if this is not correct someone please correct me....and I would LOVE the CORSA black tip mufflers already have mid-length ARH, but hubby says if I want a Z06 next year...I had to stop spending money on my C7, grrrrrr
I do love your doors, is it a kit? Link?

·
Banned
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought the Hinge kit from Dream Car Custom. They come powder coated black. It is a very tight fit and I messed up my front fender a bit but I am a body man so easily fixed. Since I ordered everything I wanted on the car the only way I could think of to make it cooler was Vertical doors. They are not practical but they sure look good when they are up. Aloha, Mark

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just purchased a Limerock Green metallic Stingray....(they changed the name to Unripened Green!!!!) really....anyway, I believe there is a driver personalization option to turn the exhaust baffles off. It is in the owners manual.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Yes there is but it does not keep the C7 from going into the V4 mode which kills the sound when you hit cruising speed...driving in manual mode helps but you still lose some of the rumble"

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yeah I did not order the performance exhaust and it was throaty for like 15 seconds then died down. I did not want the performance exhaust because I knew I wanted a corsa. I got the black tip corsa and I love it. Sounds nice now!!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
1 question & 1 comment. 1) What is that subway display doing in your car? 2) Those doors are AWESOME!

·
Banned
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My wife and I own 5 Subway resturants in Hawaii and we have a satellite location on the Navy Base Pearl Harbor CINCPACFLT. We don't bake bread at that location so I have to deliver between 80 and 100 loaves of cooked bread every day by 11:00am. That's why I have the Custom bread rack that I built for my Corvette. I originally built it for my 2011 C6 but when I got my C7 the dimentions had changed so I had to cut an inch and an 1/8th of the back to lower it and then build a kickstand to angle it up so the bread trays would fit in. Anyway if you have to deliver bread every day would you want to do it in a Chrysler Minivan or a C7 Corvette?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Pull fuse 41 and enjoy the roar!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts