Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited by Moderator)
Just a FYI, we had a few guys in the club remove the stock pipe and gut the secondary cats, a bit of a PITA, and it did change the sound, not bad either.
Hey bud, actually found a reputable place here in Slidell LA. Dorrs Automotive. Went in to talk to him and ask about how much it would cost to install the xpipe and axle back exhaust.....he says around $200. That's crazy, I thought it would be around $600. I even asked, "That's for both the xpipe and akle back installed?"? The owner has 9 Vettes himself. So yes,around $200. Good deal huh?

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,458 Posts
That sounds very reasonable, maybe a handsome tip could be in order if satisfied with work, and at the same time, secured your go to Corvette work guy. (y)

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
754 Posts
Very good price and the price you were expecting is about right $500-$600 so you’re getting a corvette to corvette owner special pricing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Just a FYI, we had a few guys in the club remove the stock pipe and gut the secondary cats, a bit of a PITA, and it did change the sound, not bad either.
Ordered my Borla s-type exhaust and Corsa xpipe from Chip at CCA today. It will take about 6 weeks to get them. I will keep you updated. Can't wait lol.

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
754 Posts
Of course your decision has to do with sound but just out of curiosity, what were your thoughts to mix/match Borla&Corsa parts vs one Borla or Corsa full system?

Ordered my Borla s-type exhaust and Corsa xpipe from Chip at CCA today. It will take about 6 weeks to get them. I will keep you updated. Can't wait lol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Of course your decision has to do with sound but just out of curiosity, what were your thoughts to mix/match Borla&Corsa parts vs one Borla or Corsa full system?
Well, I am doing it for the sound, I DON'T want the raspy sound. I want to KEEP THE DEEP. Corsa has more of a higher pitch exotic car sound vs Borla has more deeper muscle car sound. And Borla discontinued their catless xpipe. Corsa still makes the xpipe that will delete the secondary cats. So I've racked my brain for a few months. This is what I think will be a kickass exhaust. I will let yall know how it is after install.

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
754 Posts
Thanks! I thought or was almost sure that Corsa like Borla was also forced to discontinued the secondary catless delete version.

Well, I am doing it for the sound, I DON'T want the raspy sound. I want to KEEP THE DEEP. Corsa has more of a higher pitch exotic car sound vs Borla has more deeper muscle car sound. And Borla discontinued their catless xpipe. Corsa still makes the xpipe that will delete the secondary cats. So I've racked my brain for a few months. This is what I think will be a kickass exhaust. I will let yall know how it is after install.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks! I thought or was almost sure that Corsa like Borla was also forced to discontinued the secondary catless delete version.
No not yet anyway. I ordered the Corsa 14761, it reads "Adding an X-Pipe to your Stingray has become one of the most popular modification for the C7 Corvette. Removing the factory X-Pipe with pup cats improves flow and gives a moderate increase in exhaust volume."

21 - 28 of 28 Posts