Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is the spacing not even on my 2016? All the others I have seen are even spacing between all the tips. As you can see there is obviously more spacing in the middle. I’m the second owner but I can’t tell that any thing has ever been removed.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Does look a bit odd. Is your exhaust a stock setup? Here's mine on my 2016, with the tips a bit dirty I am afraid. Still, pretty evenly spaced. --Bob

POPS Z Plate (3).JPG

·
Administrator
16,507 Posts
Why is the spacing not even on my 2016? All the others I have seen are even spacing between all the tips. As you can see there is obviously more spacing in the middle. I’m the second owner but I can’t tell that any thing has ever been removed.
My guess is that you have the standard exhaust package not the Performance exhaust system. The Performance exhaust system has slightly larger end tips and valves to change the sound. The system in Bob's images is the Performance exhaust system.

Reactions: Racer_X

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,162 Posts
I think Jeff nailed it! You can see the gap between the right and left pair of tips. The second picture is from the thread below:

"I am looking to put the corvette performance exhaust tips on the non performance exhaust to get rid of the gap between the two sets of tips... Does anyone know if this is possible to buy the corvette performance exhaust tips and install on a base stock exhaust? "

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Ah, good point Jeff. Mine is an NPP exhaust. --Bob

Reactions: jsvette

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,162 Posts
Here's a better comparison and your tips actually look like Non-NPP in both how they are configured (Gap between the left/right pairs) and also they don't have the flare out flange!

Also, the NPP tips fill the entire heat shield space whereas the non-NPP has more space on the far right and left ends which tells me the tips are smaller IE: non-NPP.

I wonder if when the original owner decided to sell, did he then remove an aftermarket exhaust that has value on the resale marketplace. If so, then he removed the aftermarket exhaust to resale but had already sold the OEM-NPP exhaust. As a result, he couldn't find a NPP exhaust for sale but possibly found a base exhaust for sale and installed that to the vehicle you bought to change it back to stock to sell the car.

Not saying this happened but just speculating on why the exhaust doesn't appear to be NPP vs NON-NPP!

This first picture is a close up of my OEM NPP tips...

NPP.jpg

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
Yours are non-NPP exhaust tips, as others have indicated.

To see if that was what your car was built with or not, check your Service Parts ID tag under the carpet in your trunk. Below is what mine looks like (note the entry for NPP). Hopefully yours does not have NPP listed; if yours does have NPP listed, then Kyle is correct that someone switched it out to the wrong exhaust tips.

Service_Parts_Identification_Modified.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You are correct, I have the non NPP exhaust. I knew the tips were a little different between the two but didn’t know about the different spacing. Thanks to everyone for the information.

Yours are non-NPP exhaust tips, as others have indicated.

To see if that was what your car was built with or not, check your Service Parts ID tag under the carpet in your trunk. Below is what mine looks like (note the entry for NPP). Hopefully yours does not have NPP listed; if yours does have NPP listed, then Kyle is correct that someone switched it out to the wrong exhaust tips.

View attachment 280374

·
Registered
145 Posts
By the way, if you ever need to coax a tip a little bit to improve the line up, use a baseball bat shoved in the pipe. Just make sure it's a Louisville Slugger!

·
Registered
3 Posts

View attachment 280358
I agree with Bob. I also have a 2016 Corvette with the exhaust upgrade and my exhaust tips are evenly spaced. You might want to check with your car dealer.

·
Administrator
16,507 Posts
I agree with Bob. I also have a 2016 Corvette with the exhaust upgrade and my exhaust tips are evenly spaced. You might want to check with your car dealer.
As noted, member MikeNorton has a non NPP exhaust system and therefore his pipes are properly spaced as it was from the factory.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts