Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Is there something to shine these up with?
I have wiped around on them but as yet have not put any type of stainless steel cleaner or otherwise on them.
Have a great weekend.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Road surface Asphalt Font

·
Registered
10,647 Posts
Honesty, I don't even remember what brand of polish I have. It is in a red bottle and works well.

Reactions: DrLove38

·
Administrator
16,914 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
I have wiped around on them but as yet have not put any type of stainless steel cleaner or otherwise on them.
Have a great weekend. View attachment 282521
Blue Magic polish. You can get on Amazon. Then use a cone shaped 2” x 2.5” polishing buff bob from harbor freight. Goes on your drill. Mirror finish.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have used copper "brillo" pads and Simple Green to keep them perfect for three years. The copper is a soft metal (no scratches) and Simple Green works like a charm. Pads are about $1.50 on Amazon.

·
Registered
99 Posts
It comes out of the bottle white and sort of like paste. I use a shop towel to apply and go in as far as I can. The tips shine up very nicely. It will also repel some of the exhaust from making the tips dull again. I generally think it lasts about 3 to 4 weeks before you need to do it again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello,
I use coke and reynolds wrap...it does not scar exhaust, it works great, than polish.
Hello,
I use coke/dr. pepper, whatever and reynolds wrap, than polish. It works great, w/out any scarring.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It comes out of the bottle white and sort of like paste. I use a shop towel to apply and go in as far as I can. The tips shine up very nicely. It will also repel some of the exhaust from making the tips dull again. I generally think it lasts about 3 to 4 weeks before you need to do it again.
Thank you.

·
Registered
2014 C7 Z51 LT3 Convertible
24 Posts
Hello DrLove, I always use cleaning and non scratch cleaning scrub sponge with a mall amount of Comet or Ajax. Then make sure you completely remove all Comet or Ajax residue with a soft spunge. Once dry polish with FLITZ Chrome Polish. It comes in a tube. I have over 33,000 miles and the pipe ends look like new! Hope this helps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hello DrLove, I always use cleaning and non scratch cleaning scrub sponge with a mall amount of Comet or Ajax. Then make sure you completely remove all Comet or Ajax residue with a soft spunge. Once dry polish with FLITZ Chrome Polish. It comes in a tube. I have over 33,000 miles and the pipe ends look like new! Hope this helps.
Wow, sounds like that really lasts. Thank you.

·
Registered
2015 Z51 7M
204 Posts
I used Borla polish and a Mother’s cone. Then ceramic coated them. They wipe clean with a damp rag 3 years later.
Pneumatic tool Liquid Plant Fluid Drill
Grille Tire Car Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Reactions: DrLove38
1 - 20 of 22 Posts