Stingray Corvette Forum banner

exhaust

4K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  smajicek 
#1 ·
Hello,

I just recently purchased an 18 C7 1LT. I am looking for an after market exhaust that doesn't break the bank and is adjustable. When I am hanging with my friends i don't mind it being loud, but when out with the wife i would like it a bit quieter. Don't really care about it adding horsepower just want it to sound nice and it has to be adjustable.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Eddie

#4 ·
Welcome to Stingrayforums eddiefdz!

May I suggest you located some C7’s around you with the Borla option and the Corsa option, and go for a ride in each. They are both excellent systems. In the interim, lots of YouTube clips on both.

Best of luck!

#5 ·
Borla and MagnaFlo offer NPP option but not Corsa. I went with Corsa Helix X pipe and the MF making Rosie sound like she looks. Be warned with aftermarket exhaust you may get an extra gift of SES light on regularly or intermittently due to control of NPP

#6 ·
I also went with Corsa double helix pipe and Corsa Extreme mufflers. While there is no NPP option as mentioned above, it is more tame than I expected and not too obnoxious. No drone, and like most exhaust the noise level is driven by the RPM. Throttle control discipline will determine noise level complaints from your wife and others!!!

#9 ·
Does your car have NPP? Try a catless x pipe. If you want sound and horsepower without having to tune, midlength headers cost the same as some catbacks. Hi flow cats will add more noise than any muffler swap. Mid length headers and a catless X pipe will be a good combo right around the 2K mark

#10 ·
Konqueror5 welcome to Stingrayforums!

#12 ·
I'm confused.

If the OP has factory NPP exhaust, just run it in "stealth" setting. Problem solved.

If the OP doesn't have NPP, how will the new exhaust be adjustable, and what manufacturer makes a quiet aftermarket exhaust for a Corvette (most owners upgrade to get a louder or more throaty sound)?

#13 ·
Corsa sport and x pipe.Screams at high RPM with a nice pop when shifting and tame at cruise and no drone.
I went to a Bash at NCM got great deal AND free installation by CORSA on site.
IMO can’t get better then that.

#15 ·
I have corsa extreme with corsa x pipe, quite at low rpm but screams in the high rpm. For those that have sport, what is the difference between extreme and sport?

#14 ·
If you are still looking for Borla exhaust & X pipe,I’m selling a set of Borla Atack cat-back exhaust stock # 11856 with chrome tips & Borla X-pipe # 60547, that eliminates 2 of the catalytic converters & is no longer being manufactured by Borla. Call me at 989-370-5787 if interested

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.