Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I am looking of taking my C7 with me when I move to Europe, does anyone here have experience in exporting/importing a C7 to Europe? I know that I will need a certificate of conformity to register the car in any EU country, but is there anything else I should know/do?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
How do you plan to ship your C7? Consolidated container, individual container, Ro-Ro (roll on-roll off), air? I would guess that any serious shipping company that ships cars regularly to Europe would be able to give you a list of things you need and things you need to do before shipping. Have you contacted any shipping companies yet? Just a thought, but that's where I would start. Googling "how to ship a car to europe " yields lots of leads to pursue.--Bob

Reactions: Norm

·
Administrator
16,233 Posts
I do know it is more than just arranging for the shipping itself. When I shipped a non-Corvette, it required having specific mods done to comply when it landed in Europe at the port before it could be moved.

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,473 Posts
Got to do your homework. A reliable and bonded customs/CBP international freight forwarder would be your go to entity.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for the RTFM and Shall I Google that for you answers :) I am well aware that any shipping company will tell me what is needed to import a car from the US to Europe as part of a house hold move, however getting insights from people that might have actually done it is also helpful. ;)

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,473 Posts
Thank you all for the RTFM and Shall I Google that for you answers :) I am well aware that any shipping company will tell me what is needed to import a car from the US to Europe as part of a house hold move, however getting insights from people that might have actually done it is also helpful. ;)
The RTFM wasn't necessary, folks here just trying to help you out.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Yeah me too Norm. Just trying to offer helpful ideas. Good luck with your shipping. --Bob

Reactions: Norm and Z28+23

·
Registered
1 Posts
All,

I am looking of taking my C7 with me when I move to Europe, does anyone here have experience in exporting/importing a C7 to Europe? I know that I will need a certificate of conformity to register the car in any EU country, but is there anything else I should know/do?
You must contact Customs & Border Protection at the location you are going to be exported from. If there is a lien on the auto you need a letter from the bank authorizing the export with an original signature. Also check with Customs authorities at your destination to see what are the import requirements. CBP must perform their required duties before the vehicle can be exported.

·
Administrator
16,233 Posts
To refocus this member's question: "I am looking of taking my C7 with me when I move to Europe, does anyone here have experience in exporting/importing a C7 to Europe?"

Do we have a member or members who has actually exported/imported a C7 to Europe?

Reactions: Rheacerdave
1 - 9 of 9 Posts