Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
My order has been in for 2 months now and wont get accepted due to the exposed carbon fiber roof constraint. I got a call from me dealer today saying he can push my order today if I switch to the painted carbon fiber roof....so I started doing some research. I found a place online that makes these carbon fiber roofs, they are Melrose T-Top, I actually like their roof better because the carbon fiber goes all the way across the roof and doesn't have that painted trim pieces just above the side windows. I talked to the man at this company and he says that all of his customers have been 100% satisified with the look of his carbon and even said that he has gotten numerous responses that his roof actually has a better look than the OEM carbon fiber roof.

With me switching my order to the standard painted roof, I save $1995 so spending the $2800 shipped isn't that much more....especially if I can get my car that much quicker. Just though I would share this info in case anyone else in my shoes would like another option to get your car quicker.

* Side note..I found another website Corvettepartsworldwide and they get their roofs from Melrose, so its the exact same roofs....he said (Dean - salesman at Corvette parts) they order in such bulk they can beat their suppliers pricing with the discounts they get. He is knocking off $100 for me so I am actually getting this roof for 2695.00 shipped. So its just costing me an additional $700 to get this roof aftermarket and I will now have 2 roofs!!

Reactions: flyingscot

·
Registered
329 Posts
My order has been in for 2 months now and wont get accepted due to the exposed carbon fiber roof constraint. I got a call from me dealer today saying he can push my order today if I switch to the painted carbon fiber roof....so I started doing some research. I found a place online that makes these carbon fiber roofs Melrose T-Top, I actually like their roof better because the carbon fiber goes all the way across the roof and doesn't have that painted trim pieces just above the side windows. I talked to the man at this company and he says that all of his customers have been 100% satisified with the look of his carbon and even said that he has gotten numerous responses that his roof actually has a better look than the OEM carbon fiber roof.

With me switching my order to the standard painted roof, I save $1995 so spending the $2800 shipped isn't that much more....especially if I can get my car that much quicker. Just though I would share this info in case anyone else in my shoes would like another option to get your car quicker.

* Side note..I found another website Corvettepartsworldwide and they get their roofs from Melrose, so its the exact same roofs....he said (Dean - salesman at Corvette parts) they order in such bulk they can beat their suppliers pricing with the discounts they get. He is knocking off $100 for me so I am actually getting this roof for 2695.00 shipped. So its just costing me an additional $700 to get this roof aftermarket and I will now have 2 roofs!!
Now that you will end up with the Carbon Fiber Dual Roof Pkg., you will actually be getting them(Visible CF & Transparent) $300 cheaper, as it would be $2,995 to get both with your order. :) (or you will be getting both carbon fiber roofs if you order the constrained "base" Painted CF roof.)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now that you will end up with the Carbon Fiber Dual Roof Pkg., you will actually be getting them(Visible CF & Transparent) $300 cheaper, as it would be $2,995 to get both with your order. :) (or you will be getting both carbon fiber roofs if you order the constrained "base" Painted CF roof.)
Yeah...I am getting the base painted carbon fiber roof since there is no charge for it and buying the exposed carbon fiber as mentioned above. So I will have both carbon fiber roofs painted and exposed for $2700.

·
Super Moderator
3,362 Posts
Great info! Looking forward to the pics when you get it!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Aren't the cf painted roofs on constraint still?

Yeah...I am getting the base painted carbon fiber roof since there is no charge for it and buying the exposed carbon fiber as mentioned above. So I will have both carbon fiber roofs painted and exposed for $2700.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aren't the cf painted roofs on constraint still?

Yeah its on 35% vs 20% for the carbon exposed roof, but my dealership had allocation for them today....so my order was able to get in and moved to 2000.

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
My order has been in for 2 months now and wont get accepted due to the exposed carbon fiber roof constraint. I got a call from me dealer today saying he can push my order today if I switch to the painted carbon fiber roof....so I started doing some research. I found a place online that makes these carbon fiber roofs, they are Melrose T-Top, I actually like their roof better because the carbon fiber goes all the way across the roof and doesn't have that painted trim pieces just above the side windows. I talked to the man at this company and he says that all of his customers have been 100% satisified with the look of his carbon and even said that he has gotten numerous responses that his roof actually has a better look than the OEM carbon fiber roof.

This sounds like an option which may be interesting to many. When you get the roof in your hands, please let everyone know about its fit and finish.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Wondering if my 2014 Exposed CF roof would fit a 2016 Z? Could possibly order my Z with a transparent roof and then swap when I trade up... Thoughts? Am going for the exact same car (Article White), but in a Z.

·
Administrator
16,285 Posts
Wondering if my 2014 Exposed CF roof would fit a 2016 Z? Could possibly order my Z with a transparent roof and then swap when I trade up... Thoughts? Am going for the exact same car (Article White), but in a Z.
While it will fit the 2015, at this point no one knows (except GM and perhaps the supplier) if there will be any modifications that would prevent the roof 2014/15 panels from fitting the 2016, though I would hazard a guess the odds are in your favor of it working.

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
Exactly which roof option is constrained? I ordered C2Z. Is that one?
Several are. C2Z is one of them. I think one out of five cars can be built with it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got the carbon fiber roof (ordered from Melrose) delivered...it looks amazing. I will post pics soon.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I agree that the one you bought looks better. Not sure why they painted the edge? I would like to mention I just took NCM delivery Oct 22 with exposed roof and carbon dash. My order was accepted immediately and said expedited on the order. No delays, no constraints. So if someone just wants the factory one museum might help!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Great info, thanks!! Has anyone heard of any downsides to going with the transparent roof? I may order that to start then the aftermarket carbon fiber roof from Melrose.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great info, thanks!! Has anyone heard of any downsides to going with the transparent roof? I may order that to start then the aftermarket carbon fiber roof from Melrose.
The only downside I have heard of with the transparent roof is the heat, I have heard if it gets really hot where you live you will want to use some type of roof liner to keep the heat out.....there are some posts regarding what to use.

·
Administrator
16,285 Posts
The only downside I have heard of with the transparent roof is the heat, I have heard if it gets really hot where you live you will want to use some type of roof liner to keep the heat out.....there are some posts regarding what to use.
See post #1 http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-corvette-accessories/5316-transparent-roof-panel-shade-options-tested-3.html and post #16 http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-corvette-discussions/6726-question-about-coupe-roofs.html

1 - 16 of 16 Posts