Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
15,142 Posts
Ken Fichtner at Denny Menholt Chevrolet has consistently offered the best price. As you probably found in your research, any GM dealer can sell you the GM extended warranty (bumper to bumper, same as original). However, most mark it up considerably. No matter which GM dealer you purchase from, it will come from GM and be honored by any GM dealer.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I am not an extended warranty kind of guys and many of them have caveats and it seems from some of people I know that when something goes wrongs the things that they view show be cover are not. Many of these cars nowadays are so well built that and odds of needing to benefits is small during the window period of the warranty.

I personally figure that all the times lets say over the last 40 years that I was offered an extended warranty on appliances, new roofs,on homes, many vehicles, travel insurance etc. I probably easily saved myself 20k had I bought all of them as most are not cheap.

Of course my brother are example to opposite end of the spectrum where I take the risk under the assumption that it is more likely that it won't happen to me whereas my brother is if it goes wrong I want it covered and don't want big out of pocket expenses.

The moral of the story is everyone have different risk-tolerance levels and I probably take more risk than the average person and believe that I can self-insure most things that could come my way so even if a repair cost me 500, 100,1500 I am still ahead because of all the warranties that had I paid for them and received no benefit, I would had been out of many thousands that I just gave away for peace of mind which has a value to some but not to me. :)

·
Registered
853 Posts
I got an extended warranty from Denny. Good guy to work with and best price I found. However, understand that these warranties--really insurance plans--don't cover everything by a long shot. I broke the plastic cover over the seat controls on the side of the driver's seat just by getting in and out of my car. $200 to repair. They said plastic parts are not covered. Well other than seat covers and carpet, almost every part that isn't metal is plastic, so there you are. I got the longest duration, lowest miles policy. Ordinarily I never buy extended warranties, just on this Vette. --Bob

·
Registered
543 Posts
With the complication of the new cars, If your a long term owner why not. If my infotainment screen goes out again in the next 7 years like it did once under the original warranty period..... The warranty will more then pay for it's self.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I play the odds lol that the likelihood that it would happen to me is small and worth the risk for 'me". If it doesn't happened to you, then you just paid for peace of mind which is fine as well. We all have different risk tolerance but of course your point is well-taken so half a dozen in one hand and half in the other. LOL

With the complication of the new cars, If your a long term owner why not. If my infotainment screen goes out again in the next 7 years like it did once under the original warranty period..... The warranty will more then pay for it's self.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts