Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering here has anyone been purchasing extended warranty on their cars from the dealer that go beyond the 3 year 36,000 bumper to bumper? I feel more comfortable having extended warranty these days with so many electronics in play and the expense of labor/parts to replace that after 3 year???? any thoughts/ suggestions/ opinions?

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I believe it would be worthwhile, but I would wait until near the end of the GM warranty period before I bought it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am also interested in buying one also, but I'm also in CA, and in CA, you cannot buy from out of state. I wonder what CA members are paying for their extended warranties?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't understand why I cannot purchase extended warranty from the east coast dealer that I purchased my C7? IMO I am buying GM extended warranty, I have spoken about purchasing this warranty with that dealer when he got my deposit and made the order and there was no such conversation coming from him telling me he will not be able to sell me the extended warranty? Someone out there that is an expert on this matter please educate me and others on this?

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
I don't understand why I cannot purchase extended warranty from the east coast dealer that I purchased my C7? IMO I am buying GM extended warranty, I have spoken about purchasing this warranty with that dealer when he got my deposit and made the order and there was no such conversation coming from him telling me he will not be able to sell me the extended warranty? Someone out there that is an expert on this matter please educate me and others on this?
The reason is extended warranties are basically insurance policies and as such many states regulate their sale. In fact, some "factory" extended warranties are not even legal for sale in some states. Case in point, we tried to purchase the extended warranty for my wife's Can-Am Spyder and found that due to some of the terms in the policy the Florida insurance commission outlawed its sale in our state.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
Hey smajicek,

I'm sorry for any confusion on purchasing an extended warranty. I can look into this further and speak with the dealer on your behalf. Let me know if you are interested.

Terrell
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
41 Posts
I purchased the extended warranty that takes it to 5yr and 56000 miles. I figured if I keep the car for that time it will be worth it I don't know what the instrument cluster cost to replace or any of the other electronics system cost to fix or trouble shoot but the 100.00 deductible will be well worth. And it is a transferable warranty which should help the resale if i decide to get rid of car.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yep I purchased the 6 year, 60,000. There is a lot that can go wrong with this baby. I normally don't, because I never keep a car past the Warranty anyway. But this car will be in style for many years to come....

Cyber Grey, Born Oct. 29, 2LT, Nav, Auto, Z51 Spoiler. Used Xpel Bra.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts