Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Black 2019 Z51 ... built a wee bit?
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moderators, please feel free to delete this thread or move it to a more appropriate section of the forum. I've had an absolutely horrible experience with extremeonlinestore.com and would like to share it with other potential customers. I will not be offended if the mods feel the need to remove it. So here goes:
Stay as far away from this business as possible. They have terrible customer service. Extremely slow delivery. The parts they send are far from worth the price. Little to no instructions. I was sent pieces that were scratched and to make matters worse the item they sent appeared to have already been on a car!! The paint and clear coat is very thin at best. Their prices are cheap.... and that is exactly what you get CHEAP!! EOS asked for pictures of the scratched sideskirts which I sent. EOS told me they'd send me replacement sideskirts. After nearly 3 weeks of waiting the new sideskirts arrived. Just like the first time the sideskirts were truly packed and wrapped nicely. And also just like the first time these were scratched as well. So I called them immediately. They asked for more pictures which again, I sent. EOS blamed it on the shipping process. Which may be true because of the extremely poor quality paint and clearcoat on these products. I will say that EOS offered to give me a 10% refund for the scratched pieces...a whole $20.00!! I'm having a very reputable custom corvette builder install the sideskirts, front splitter and wing I purchased from EOS. This custom corvette builder told me that the product is far from a superior one. In fact he's having to modify parts just to make the pieces work. I can't return these pieces because holes have been cut and/or drilled in my Vette in preparation for the pieces from EOS. I'm now stuck with poor quality parts to be installed on my very nice Vette. Buyer beware.

Mod Comment: Since this seller is not a SRF vendor, your post here is OK.

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
681 Posts
There's the old saying that you get what you pay for and I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about EOS. They tend to replicate what's popular with low grade fiberglass and lower quality to be able to provide a value or less expensive alternative. My thought is I would pay more for items for my C7 to have the quality that matches the car.

I called EOS out on another forum where they were posting or advertising pictures of their product but using another vendors or members pictures. One example, they even posted a picture of rear diffuser fins on a specific car which I knew that the person and a member of this forum bought his fins from ACS as listed in his build thread but yet they used his car as if he bought the fins from EOS when he in fact bought from ACS.

In that example, they showed the fins from ACS but when people received theirs from EOS, the width were about 1/4 more narrow which really huge difference when you see them side by side. The more narrow just don't look the same as the wider width ones.

·
Registered
Black 2019 Z51 ... built a wee bit?
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's the old saying that you get what you pay for and I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about EOS. They tend to replicate what's popular with low grade fiberglass and lower quality to be able to provide a value or less expensive alternative. My thought is I would pay more for items for my C7 to have the quality that matches the car.

I called EOS out on another forum where they were posting or advertising pictures of their product but using another vendors or members pictures. One example, they even posted a picture of rear diffuser fins on a specific car which I knew that the person and a member of this forum bought his fins from ACS as listed in his build thread but yet they used his car as if he bought the fins from EOS when he in fact bought from ACS.

In that example, they showed the fins from ACS but when people received theirs from EOS, the width were about 1/4 more narrow which really huge difference when you see them side by side. The more narrow just don't look the same as the wider width ones.
Yep, I'm well aware of the old saying regarding getting what you pay for. I believe that to be true. I took a chance with EOS and paid the consequences. I've learned a little more about the poor construction and quality of the parts they sent. As mentioned the professional who is installing the parts is having to modify them just to make them work. Believe it or not EOS is expecting the end caps on the wing to be installed on the wing using double sided tape!! The guy who is installing the pieces has reached out to EOS but can't get anyone to answer the phone. When trying to leave a message there is a recording saying the mailbox is full. I'm having the pieces they sent me painted and clear coated so that they'll actually look like and be painted by a real professional....unlike what was sent to me originally.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts