Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of yesterday, the factory carbon fiber dash was available at $541 (at discounting GM dealers, plus labor -- which is considerable). Some folks are reporting $1,000 total, some $1,100 including install.

Since GM's CF dash was constrained for a while, if you wanted this option, but your StingRay didn't come with it because of the restraint, act fast, for when a similar situation occurred during the C6 run, GM quickly raised the price of this option when purchased through a GM parts department.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm not sure the factory installed carbon fiber dash is worth the extra $ since it only covers the instrument panel area. I didn't order this car. Mr. Kelley ordered it for a friend of his and he backed out of the sale. I was lucky to be in the show room when it became available.:)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Any one know of a dealer that has this?? My dealers here can not seem to it.

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thanks for the info will give him a call

·
Registered
98 Posts
Great info. I was on the fence about FAY when I put together my order, but I'm pleased with the texture and appearance of the base dash surround.
It's not a plain black, and actually has a bit of sparkle to it.

S.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was really wanting the dash as well, but I have the 3LT Brownstone and I am actually glad I do not have it... There is so much suede and leather on the inside that I feel it would look too busy with it.. I have a friend with the Premier edition and it definitely looks better without the dash... But that is just my opinion!!

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
957 Posts
What is the GM part number?

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Administrator
16,302 Posts
Great info. I was on the fence about FAY when I put together my order, but I'm pleased with the texture and appearance of the base dash surround.
It's not a plain black, and actually has a bit of sparkle to it.

S.
Agree. I think it looks very nice. It is pretty similar to what they did with all of the black vents outside. They have a pseudo carbon fiber look in the sun. :cool:

·
Registered
404 Posts
I made my decision for a CF dash based on the fact that I'd be looking at it whenever I was driving or sitting in the car... unlike anything on the outside of the car. I thought I'd regret not having it... every minute I was in the car.

Reactions: Mgorski

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Having a dealer install the CF dash after purchasing at the parts department ($541) could involve 4-5 hours of technician time. If you can't do it yourself, suggest first checking your dealership's service department's rate and their estimated time for installation.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My plan is to buy the cf dash for $500. Then I'm going to wait until some skilled guys replace their own. Then ask a lot of questions, hopefully there will be pics of their install.

I can't imagine it being that hard to do. It just seems like it could take some time.

Al

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
957 Posts
I am lucky to have a local guy who works on Vetts for almost 40 years, he restored the interior on my C3 and keeps her running great. He said he can do it and he will give me a better job and price than the local dealer.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Is there any negative to buying it separately. For example. Because it didn't come factory the carbon fiber dash won't have matching numbers. - like in a classic car the engine transmission and frame all have corresponding numbers - make sense ? Or is the dash cover so insignificant it doesn't even matter

·
Registered
957 Posts
Oh I am sure 20 to 25 years from now, the cars still around and are now classic and being shown as such, will always be more valuable, if all things match and even more valuable if the original paperwork and sticker is with the car which list all the options.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I can always keep the stack dash lol. Ya I got the dual dash package :>

Reactions: Lipstic
1 - 18 of 18 Posts