Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It is unclear to me if this is truly a TSB issue or not, but I do know that several owners have had the belt tensioner on their cars begin leaking. Here is the problem: The belt tensioner on the C-7 uses a piston and hyd. fluid to do what was previously accomplished by a spring assembly in prior generations of corvettes. The primary symptom is a "Ticking" that is somewhat louder than the normal ticking of the high pressure fuel injectors. Additionally there are wetted areas of the front suspension and perhaps the ground under the car as a result of hyd. fluid seeping on it. Here is the number for the issue: Bulletin PIP 5185 Updated to PIP5185AI just found out that the PIP means preliminary information and is an unpublished bulletin, only available to GM service personnel.

hydraulic-fluid-leak-pip5185.jpg
Thanks Sally!

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is the current part number for the current belt tensioner. 12658273 I will be keeping eye on this part number to see if it changes. If in the future you have this issue and you see a different part number on your paperwork please drop me a message and let me know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts