Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The M12x1.5 female threaded lug guide tool was one of our most successful new products in 2015. Many customers have asked for additional thread sizes for other cars in their stables. Reverse Logic now offers the female threaded tools in M12x1.5, M12x1.25, 1/2-20, and M14x1.5 sizes. The two M12x1.5 tools have an outside diameter of 14mm. The 1/2-20 tool measures 0.580" in diameter and the M14x1.5 is 16mm in diameter.

The M14x1.5 tool is shown in the photo below. This tool fits 5th generation Camaros. Corvettes require the M12x1.5 tool.

Reverse Logic Limited Store - Female Threaded Lug Guide Tools

M14x1.5_8.jpg

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
How long are these lug guide tools, Fred? Is a longer version available for the Z06? If the length of the tool is not greater than the sum of half the width of the wheel plus the wheel offset, then the problem still exists for the initial insertion of the wheel onto the lug guide tool, plus some more distance until the tool finally goes through the back of the wheel's lug holes.

If these are long enough for the Z06 wheels, I will be interested.

How long are they?

Thank you!

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
How long are they, John? Thank you!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The current version of the M12 tool is 117mm long. The M14x1.5 tool is 130mm long. Some customers have been asking for a longer version of the tool. I am going to attempt to make some longer M12x1.5 tools when I run the next batch. I am hoping to get close to 200mm in length. I will continue to offer the original tool since many customers have successfully used the 117mm length.

Do you think the Corvette studs could support the weight of wheel and tire 200mm from the face of the rotor without distorting the studs or hub?

How long are these lug guide tools, Fred? Is a longer version available for the Z06? If the length of the tool is not greater than the sum of half the width of the wheel plus the wheel offset, then the problem still exists for the initial insertion of the wheel onto the lug guide tool, plus some more distance until the tool finally goes through the back of the wheel's lug holes.

If these are long enough for the Z06 wheels, I will be interested.

How long are they?

Thank you!

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
I have a pair of these, and while I wouldn't call them a necessity, the sure make wheel changes easier, and reduce the risk of damaging expensive painted parts. Well worth the money.

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
The current version of the M12 tool is 117mm long. The M14x1.5 tool is 130mm long. Some customers have been asking for a longer version of the tool. I am going to attempt to make some longer M12x1.5 tools when I run the next batch. I am hoping to get close to 200mm in length. I will continue to offer the original tool since many customers have successfully used the 117mm length.

Do you think the Corvette studs could support the weight of wheel and tire 200mm from the face of the rotor without distorting the studs or hub?
Thank you for the reply, Fred!

The extra downward torque which could be applied to the studs from further away is why I was thinking I personally would order a set of five (and hope for a volume part discount, right :) ?) if they were longer than half the Z06 rear wheel width plus offset (otherwise, there is still the crashing danger from wheels to rotors or wheels to calipers if the lug holes are misaligned). Also, I personally would never let the wheel rest on the lug guide tools regardless of length (even if short), but rather only use them as intended: as a guide, not a weight resting tool. If I were you, I also would prominently place that warning/disclaimer for customers so they think about this, are aware, and never do it (although I think they should know on their own it would be a bad idea to rest the wheels there).

Fred, thank you again for your rapid response, and for allowing customers to voice their ideas and opinions. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I have a pair of these, and while I wouldn't call them a necessity, the sure make wheel changes easier, and reduce the risk of damaging expensive painted parts. Well worth the money.
I absolutely agree with this statement Meyerweb!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I bought these awhile ago and have used them half dozen times, asking myself how did I do this without them! Great little product. Not a necessity, but they make life a little easier!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts