Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there everyone,

As we work our way through the development process, I'll be sharing some of the behind-the-scenes stuff from start to finish. If you'd like to get in on the group buy, we have a separate thread located here:

The weather is slowing things down (the chemicals don't love the humid and rainy weather we've been experiencing this past week), but it's coming along nicely.

I've decided to kill two birds with one stone and develop full length ZO6 style fender spats (Stine guards), as WELL as the full fender flares. As with all of our C7 pieces, expext these to mount using factory fastener locations and be a straightforward operation.

I'd also be remiss if I didn't thank out friend Carlos B. For allowing us to use his C7. She's a beauty and in the best of hands. :)

Here are a few quick shots and we'll be back with more as we continue the transition.

Here she is, tucked in for the night:

And here we go:

Manolo-tron, doing his thing:

And *boom* goes the dynamite!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Apologies for the delay, but we had a crazy jet powered motorcycle project come in that pretty much shoved everything aside in preparation for a trade show.

I'll have some updates later this week. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Apologies for the delay, but we had a crazy jet powered motorcycle project come in that pretty much shoved everything aside in preparation for a trade show.

I'll have some updates later this week. :)
Include a couple pics of the bike as well. Inquiring minds want to know! :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd love to share the bike, but we've got a nondisclosure in place for the photos, allowing for the owner to do an unveiling.

If you Google MTT Y2K, you'll see the before.

As soon as I can post the new bodywork, I will.

It's going to be ridiculously awesome. I guarantee it :)

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Whatever happen to the fender flare project?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We got derailed by a major project that consumed the entire shop's resources.

We're back to full-time development and expect to have finished molds in the next two weeks.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Sorry its probably a silly question but will these flares widen the actual fender or just attach to the existing fender? Reason i asked is that i have a bit of a tire rub on the fender and i am trying to find a solution for that.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We've got a group buy started and pricing in a separate thread.

If you slide back into our vendor specific page, you'll find it there.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Any updates on these? Got a couple of guys, myself included who are interested in the full length spats in carbon flash. Please update us with pictures :)

·
Registered
10,642 Posts
Any updates on these? Got a couple of guys, myself included who are interested in the full length spats in carbon flash. Please update us with pictures :)
Join us in the waiting room, Bui. Some of us want to be repeat customers for G3 Carbon (I have side skirts from them), and are waiting on these to become available.

By the way, I heard from him that their shop has been undergoing renovations, and it was all they could do to keep up with existing orders for previous products while just being able to use one section of their shop at a time.

Tick-tock, tick-tock...

Reactions: orangehead72

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Rodney.

We're trying to get these done, but the contractor not showing up for the final 2 days of last week is still slowing us way down.

We're tripping over each other and struggling to keep up, which is why you really haven't seen us posting much and trying to drive the business more aggressively.

I'm expecting ton have prototype pieces ready late this week, which is obviously dependent upon getting the place cleaned up and organized.

I'm feeling lucky, though. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts