Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Final 2014 C-7's Allocations being accepted by Chevrolet Today Tuesday 5/20/14

I just spoke on the phone with the New Car Manager of Rick Hendricks Chevrolet, Atlanta (a Top 10 dealer) and the Final Allocation Orders are being Accepted for 2014's (going to 2000) Today Tuesday 5/20/14, weeks earlier than most thought! No more Allocations are coming, they may have passed around a few "additional allocations" to small dealers with none left or none to begin with.

Note, later in the day we collectively learned that there are two more allocation times during 2014!

·
18,670 Posts
That would fit two top dealers I have communicated with who are, right now, going nuts reviewing/final changing orders they entered this past Thursday-Saturday.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
That would fit two top dealers I have communicated with who are, right now, going nuts reviewing/final changing orders they entered this past Thursday-Saturday.
Yah, Shon was the same way today, with finishing his picks of their Final 11 Coupes, 7 Converts and a few changes. He was exhausted when he called me and he's only 32. This was a Real Surprise to everyone!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Good luck to all those still waiting.

·
18,670 Posts
Interesting, for just got written confirmation that the last 5-day consensus period for a top five Corvette dealership is May 29-June 2nd, and this dealer shared his exact number of coupe and convertibles he has for that May 29th consensus. Perhaps different ending dates for different allocation-sized dealerships???

Here is what another person shared a while ago regarding how each week's consensus process works. Thank you for this information!

DOSP: the weekly order cycle. On Thursday dealers can place orders for units allocated to them. Orders must be placed by 9PM Eastern Time Saturday. The weekly process consists of 4 stages.

1. Constraints Distribution - Dealers are informed on constraints to review before placing orders.

2. Dealer Order Submission - Dealers can order on Thursday, Friday or no later than midnight on Saturday. (You can submit orders earlier but you don't know the contraints. A "constraint" is a limit placed on a specific build configuration )

3. The 4-Pass Process - GM will attempt to place each dealers orders on Mondays using a 4-Pass process. ( At this point a dealer may get more or less than was allocated if they asked.)

4. Dealer Review-You can review your placed orders for changes or replacements until Tuesday at 9pm ET. That's when the orders are sent for production.
GM moves orders from 1100 to 2000 on the Tuesday after the dealer is given that specific allocation. How quickly you move from A to B completely depends on the dealer's allocation. If the dealer had one when you placed the order, you are either at 2000 or will be next week. If the dealer was not yet assigned that allocation, you will continue to be at 1100 until he does. The length of time depends completely on allocations and your priority on that list.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting, for just got written confirmation that the last 5-day consensus period for a top five Corvette dealership is May 29-June 2nd, and this dealer shared his exact number of coupe and convertibles he has for that May 29th consensus. Perhaps different ending dates for different allocation-sized dealerships???

Here is what another person shared a while ago regarding how each week's consensus process works. Thank you for this information!

DOSP: the weekly order cycle. On Thursday dealers can place orders for units allocated to them. Orders must be placed by 9PM Eastern Time Saturday. The weekly process consists of 4 stages.

1. Constraints Distribution - Dealers are informed on constraints to review before placing orders.

2. Dealer Order Submission - Dealers can order on Thursday, Friday or no later than midnight on Saturday. (You can submit orders earlier but you don't know the contraints. A "constraint" is a limit placed on a specific build configuration )

3. The 4-Pass Process - GM will attempt to place each dealers orders on Mondays using a 4-Pass process. ( At this point a dealer may get more or less than was allocated if they asked.)

4. Dealer Review-You can review your placed orders for changes or replacements until Tuesday at 9pm ET. That's when the orders are sent for production.
GM moves orders from 1100 to 2000 on the Tuesday after the dealer is given that specific allocation. How quickly you move from A to B completely depends on the dealer's allocation. If the dealer had one when you placed the order, you are either at 2000 or will be next week. If the dealer was not yet assigned that allocation, you will continue to be at 1100 until he does. The length of time depends completely on allocations and your priority on that list.
Interesting, they are #6 per the last tally for their individual Dealership, however, the "Kendrick Group" is Number One with all six or seven dealerships combined, even larger than Kerbeck.
I'll have to see what he has to say, maybe they(Chevrolet) backed off and there will still be 2 more allocation weeks, which is about what I had expected, maybe 1 more after that, at the most, as all accepted orders need to built by the 1st week in August before the Model Year Conversion.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Dave from Kerbeck posted on another forum that there are 2 more allocation weeks, 5/29 and 6/12 and we know there were pulls over this last week (Thursday - Tuesday) but GM always reserves the right to change things at the last minute.

My bet is they are stacking the last 6 weeks of production with ROW cars to get them into Europe and Asia before the fall. They are also giving dealers 2 to 3 weeks of allocation in these short cycles so I'm betting they also want to get all the orders in the system to stage the parts for the final 2014 buildout.

The bottom line here is I fear there will be a lot of disappointed potential customers, especially if the 2015's get a significant price hike.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
18,670 Posts
Dealer order book is expected next week -- fairly consistent with long term thinking that it would come out at the end of May. That book, which will be listed here soon thereafter, will detail every option, "forced combinations" and similar. Maybe a couple of option "small surprises." Pricing not expected until six weeks thereafter -- after first orders go in. Oh well, just like last year.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'm hopping the new orders wll go in sooner and eventhough the start/build for 2015 will be Aug. maybe they can reduse the constrants on the new opt. and get those high opt. cars out to customers and build excitement for the 2015.

Hope.....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Call me the optimist, for I hope all forum members' orders get accepted this consensus!
Thank you! At least one person is positive and not putting people down who have gone with local dealers for various reasons.

I happen to have been one of the lucky just went to 2000 people. I wish the best and am thinking good thoughts for others to join me soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

1 - 12 of 12 Posts