Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to info from MILLIWATT ROB I ordered from MacMulkin on 9/22, a 2015 Coupe 1LT, Laguna Blue, Red interior, ZF1 appearance pkg, Chrome wheels ,8AT, NPP exhaust, Red calipers, Carbon flash spoiler and mirrors. I had a hard time choosing ZF1 over Z51 package especially since it would up the price only $1800. My decision was strictly based on having the softest suspension for the most comfortable ride. Anyway when I called Ron at MacMulkin on 10/4 to see whats up with my order he said Chevy was not taking orders for painted tops and would probably take another 2 weeks to happen. Clear tops would be accepted. I guess I'll have to be patient like the rest of us.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Good going, Muzzy. Always get what you want, if it only involves a couple of weeks extra delay.

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
378 Posts
does "finally pulled the trigger" mean "shot my wife, because she said I couldn't have a Stingray"?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Thanks to info from MILLIWATT ROB I ordered from MacMulkin on 9/22, a 2015 Coupe 1LT, Laguna Blue, Red interior, ZF1 appearance pkg, Chrome wheels ,8AT, NPP exhaust, Red calipers, Carbon flash spoiler and mirrors. I had a hard time choosing ZF1 over Z51 package especially since it would up the price only $1800. My decision was strictly based on having the softest suspension for the most comfortable ride. Anyway when I called Ron at MacMulkin on 10/4 to see whats up with my order he said Chevy was not taking orders for painted tops and would probably take another 2 weeks to happen. Clear tops would be accepted. I guess I'll have to be patient like the rest of us.
I'm so confused by this. Why would a painted top delay an order? After all isn't the paint obviously available to paint the cars coming with the clear tops? What am I missing here?

·
Registered
10,558 Posts
The carbon fiber roof, which gets painted, is on supplier constraint. I think it is available to 35% of the cars to be produced. Check the constraints thread for the exact number. The code is CFA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts