Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
I looked into this extensively. Answer is a resounding 'no'. The NCM has a photo album available if you want to pay the ridiculous price of over 700 bucks. I actually regret not being able to get it, because I feel it would add value to the car. I couldn't get it because it was 7 days before production began when I attempted to order it. They have a 10 day minimum before production starts to place order. And they are soup-nazi strict about this.

·
Registered
115 Posts
That would be a nice picture. I don't think the photo album is worth the dollars.....that's just me (but I am a pretty good photographer). I don't see how it would make the car more value to anyone other than the original owner. Those that are buying second hand cars aren't likely to care if it came with a photo album and "probably" wouldn't pay more just to have it.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I'm guessing if you kept the car in collectible condition, how could photographs documenting it's birth along the assembly line (not just similar pics, but pics of THE car being built)not add to resale value? But I mainly wanted it for myself. I don't care about the resale value, because I'll be dead.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I looked into this extensively. Answer is a resounding 'no'. The NCM has a photo album available if you want to pay the ridiculous price of over 700 bucks. I actually regret not being able to get it, because I feel it would add value to the car. I couldn't get it because it was 7 days before production began when I attempted to order it. They have a 10 day minimum before production starts to place order. And they are soup-nazi strict about this.
I would not be too disappointed from a financial perspective. I'd bet that the increase in the car's value, if any, will never equal the price of the album plus time value of money. As a keepsake/coffee table book it is tempting.

·
Registered
810 Posts
20 pages for nearly a grand if u can swing it.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I would not be too disappointed from a financial perspective. I'd bet that the increase in the car's value, if any, will never equal the price of the album plus time value of money. As a keepsake/coffee table book it is tempting.
I totally agree with you Joel, I never realized this service was even available. From the keepsake perspective, just like family picture albums I think an album of your car being built in various stages would be priceless.... Now, if I can only overcome the excitement I'll be experiencing at the time and remember to have it done is another story....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts