Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my daughter has seizures, and has since birth. she is able to get around, but has had some serious set backs from time to time--as any of you would know if you know someone who has this condition. one of the most serious issue is in the social developmental area, as well as motivation. to say the least, this type of thing does not engender bonding within the nuclear family, and is a challenge for all. specifically, i have had a very difficult time finding things for us to do together, and our relationship has suffered a real set back. so...

today i decided to wash the car--C7, CG, and, more or less as a shot in the wind, i asked her if she wanted to help me with it. as i expected, she immediately said "NO". a couple minutes later she said: "hey, which car?" I said the vette (we have 4 cars), and she, to my total surprise, said "ok, i ll help". well we went outside and spent about an hour together (i tried to drag it out as long as i could) washing and talking. it was one of the best times i ve had with her in years. when we were done, i thanked her, and she said that we should do this at least once a week. "youve got a date, sweetheart!"

·
Administrator
16,306 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Very nice outcome.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
very nice, I have had seizures before so I have some experience here.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Absolutely wonderful. I had to wipe away the tears in my eyes to reply (I have been accused of being a real softy).

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
thedofuss, Outstanding, this story made my day!!!

SF
Rick

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
That's great. Time with the kids is awesome.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Great story, my kids are grown but hope to one day have a grandchild that I can bond with over the car.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Thedofuss, bless you and your daughter

·
Registered
136 Posts
May you have many days like this one.....

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Keep your chin up, my youngest son was diagnosed with Autism, he is currently working on a PhD in chemical engineering at UCLA, it has been a long and winding road.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts