Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got it tinted yesterday and then straight to a cruise-in across the street from Daytona International Speedway. Dropped it off today for paint correction, PPF and ceramic coating. While I am waiting to get it back from PPF, I will paint the emblem on a rapid blue/carbon flash engine cover that was delivered yesterday.

Tint:

Cruise-In, Photos courtesy of Adam Wilson Photography:

Engine Cover:

·
Administrator
16,232 Posts
Looks great Matt! (y)(y)(y)

Reactions: SgtMajUSMC(Retired)

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,473 Posts
Looking good Guns, glad you're back in the groove, I see you're going to have lots of fun.
Next projects?

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Super sharp Matt! Would love to see it in person some day. I could meet you halfway between Florida and Michigan. Maybe Milford, Delaware? 🤔

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking good Guns, glad you're back in the groove, I see you're going to have lots of fun.
Next projects?
Nothing planned. I flip flopped between black ice and anthracite on the wheels forever so waiting on them to show up now. Ended up going with anthracite. I still have a pile of stuff, mostly small, that I ordered during the 17 month wait for the car. Only thing I did other than drive was put Jake floor mats in so far.

Something car related to do down here every day on each weekend if ya want......

Reactions: Norm

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Super sharp Matt! Would love to see it in person some day. I could meet you halfway between Florida and Michigan. Maybe Milford, Delaware?
Thanks Paul! If the ole guy that lives there will still have me, it’s a deal. I took delivery 2 hrs away and stiff-armed an invite to swing towards DE for a professional photo shoot in front of the Marine Corps Museum instead. The Google DOES say it is almost exactly half way for each of us......

Reactions: Henry427

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,473 Posts
Thanks Paul! If the ole guy that lives there will still have me, it’s a deal. I took delivery 2 hrs away and stiff-armed an invite to swing towards DE for a professional photo shoot in front of the Marine Corps Museum instead. The Google DOES say it is almost exactly half way for each of us......
A W&C IV, I'm thinking about it, I'm thinking about it. Really don't need one, the crowd is welcome anytime you're in the area.
Priorities Matt, priorities, I'd a done the same thing. Took a group there a couple years ago, totally in awe, outstanding museum.
Paul, you get in that Silver Spring area, you know where you have to stop next. ;)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Very nice indeed.

Reactions: SgtMajUSMC(Retired)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you have to park next to a rusting?
A very popular color on the C8. Looks good
Semper Fi
That is my buddy’s. Navy guy. I constantly let him know how inferior it is in good fun....he has straight pipes on it and I think it could wake the dead.

Semper Fidelis!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have a question. I thought that the Corvette factory invested a ton of money in upgrading the paint process, but it is still necessary to do a "paint correction"? I have a convertible Z51 C7 and many owners have commented over the years about the orange peel on C7s, but I thought that had been resolved on the C8.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The paint on my C8 as delivered was vastly improved from my two C6s and my C7. That doesn't mean it didn't need to be corrected. Car cover they use for transport damage, sand marks, swirls, etc. Perhaps 85-90% of anyone looking at it might think the paint was perfectly acceptable as delivered. Had nothing to do with orange peel, which is also vastly improved on the C8. In the past I have spent a considerable amount of time correcting the paint on nearly every new car I have owned myself. Bad back now so I paid someone else to do it. "Necessary" to do "paint correction" is perhaps in the eye of the owner......

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Picked it up a few hours ago. Suntek Ultra PPF. I also swapped out engine covers once I got it home.

Reactions: Norm and jsvette

·
Registered
413 Posts
Was the engine cover swap fairly easy? I have one, and will be swapping mine out this weekend.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Was the engine cover swap fairly easy? I have one, and will be swapping mine out this weekend.
Super easy. Four 10MM bolts and unclip cover for the line from the center back of the cover and pull that line up and away. Wiggle the actual X-mas tree part of the clip out once you have the cover off. Put that clip back in the new cover, install cover, put that line back in the slot and fasten the clip over the top of it. Done. Max 15 minutes.

Reactions: Norm

·
Registered
170 Posts
The paint on my C8 as delivered was vastly improved from my two C6s and my C7. That doesn't mean it didn't need to be corrected. Car cover they use for transport damage, sand marks, swirls, etc. Perhaps 85-90% of anyone looking at it might think the paint was perfectly acceptable as delivered. Had nothing to do with orange peel, which is also vastly improved on the C8. In the past I have spent a considerable amount of time correcting the paint on nearly every new car I have owned myself. Bad back now so I paid someone else to do it. "Necessary" to do "paint correction" is perhaps in the eye of the owner......
Thank you for your response!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Super easy. Four 10MM bolts and unclip cover for the line from the center back of the cover and pull that line up and away. Wiggle the actual X-mas tree part of the clip out once you have the cover off. Put that clip back in the new cover, install cover, put that line back in the slot and fasten the clip over the top of it. Done. Max 15 minutes.
Yep. Did it last night. About 15-20 minutes.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A little chilly yesterday at the New Smyrna Beach cruise-in:unsure:

Photos courtesy of Adam Wilson Photography.

And a cool Birthday present from my Daughter.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts