Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Nice find Cyrusdh! So now even the "digital media" (as opposed to just car magazines/media) are raving about our baby! The engineering/design purpose of this car was to not only keep our long-term faithful buyers, but to inspire others to "give us a look, see how good our Corvettes now are." Interesting comment from another reviewer about a month ago, that wherever he stopped, it was primarily young people who came over and asked good questions, snapped a ton of pictures and many even knew some things about the StingRay.

It's working!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice find Cyrusdh! So now even the "digital media" (as opposed to just car magazines/media) are raving about our baby! The engineering/design purpose of this car was to not only keep our long-term faithful buyers, but to inspire others to "give us a look, see how good our Corvettes now are." Interesting comment from another reviewer about a month ago, that wherever he stopped, it was primarily young people who came over and asked good questions, snapped a ton of pictures and many even knew some things about the StingRay.

It's working!
I am a prime example of it working. I am a younger individual and had my mind set on purchasing a Jaguar XKR. It took about 2 youtube videos for me to change my mind. Once I discovered the C7 there was no going back. I have never been a "corvette" guy and honestly can say that I never wanted to purchase one until now. I think there are a lot of people like me who are going to be first-time corvette buyers with the C7.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am a prime example of it working. I am a younger individual and had my mind set on purchasing a Jaguar XKR. It took about 2 youtube videos for me to change my mind. Once I discovered the C7 there was no going back. I have never been a "corvette" guy and honestly can say that I never wanted to purchase one until now. I think there are a lot of people like me who are going to be first-time corvette buyers with the C7.
I'm in the same boat. I always thought my first "true" sports car purchase would be European but after seeing the C7 and all the glowing reviews it was a no brainer.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I actually have a '11 XKR and it's an amazing car but the XKR will be going to the wife and ill be getting my first Vette.... The Stingray!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
He goes on about a 7 speed dual clutch auto transmission. I haven't heard of any such transmission for the Stingray? Anybody know what's up?

·
Registered
429 Posts
He goes on about a 7 speed dual clutch auto transmission. I haven't heard of any such transmission for the Stingray? Anybody know what's up?
Not sure it's the same but the GT-R has a dual clutch automatic. I've driven and sold quite a few but haven't the foggiest idea of how it really works. The GT-R tranny does a lot of clanking and banging during normal operation. It does not sound like the C7 is similar in that regard. Phew. Currently, there is no manual option on the GT-R.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
The reviewer had bad information. There's no dual clutch automatic, just the turbo hydromatic 6 speed with paddle shifters and the Tremec 7 speed manual.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, that makes more sense. The reviewer did seem to really like the auto trans in the Stingray, which is not what most other reivewers stated. This is the first review that I have heard that actually liked the auto transmission in the Stingray.

Interesting...

I'm still planning on the 7 speed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts