Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the local Mobil station to fill up prior to the new gas hike scare (new crisis in Iraq, new excuse to raise prices) and the clerk came out and asked if he could take a picture of the car. He wanted to know if this was some kind of special edition car. I told him it was the new "leaks oil in the first week of ownership" edition (you'd have to know me). Told him I was just kidding (sort of). Got a thumbs up from a pedestrian before I got home.

Reactions: The Rock and ronkh

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've had people whip out their camera at a stop light to picture me in the car.

Of course, I am a very famous actor (look-a-like) at least, ha ha. :)

This actor is now gone but here is what some people say I look like.

Do you know this actor? He is from the Sopranos.

Tony Soprano.jpg

Reactions: ronkh

·
Registered
993 Posts
Went to the local Mobil station to fill up prior to the new gas hike scare (new crisis in Iraq, new excuse to raise prices) and the clerk came out and asked if he could take a picture of the car. He wanted to know if this was some kind of special edition car. I told him it was the new "leaks oil in the first week of ownership" edition (you'd have to know me). Told him I was just kidding (sort of). Got a thumbs up from a pedestrian before I got home.
Get used to it. That was just a warmup.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had people whip out their camera at a stop light to picture me in the car.

Of course, I am a very famous actor (look-a-like) at least, ha ha. :)

This actor is now gone but here is what some people say I look like.

Do you know this actor? He is from the Sopranos.

View attachment 8747
Yep, Loved the Sopranos, except the final episode.....kind of ended dumb like Dexter

·
Registered
582 Posts
I have been taking pictures of the people taking pictures of my Stingray... it's fun! :cool:

* only when stopped, I never touch my phone when driving.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been taking pictures of the people taking pictures of my Stingray... it's fun! :cool:

* only when stopped, I never touch my phone when driving.
That's a GREAT idea! You should start a new thread...."Pictures of people taking pictures of my Stingray"

·
Registered
445 Posts
Get people taking pictures all the time. Had a first yesterday, a colleague and I were having lunch and I looked out the window and watched this women put something on my car.
When I get to the car there is a piece of paper ...... Cindy 248-xxx-xxxx on it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My wife and I had dinner on a restaurant patio last night and sat about 10 feet from where my car was parked. There was a steady stream of people stopping, looking, staring, peeking in the windows and whipping out their phones for photos. I cannot believe the response on the street, thumbs up from other drivers, guys following me while snapping pictures. A rolling piece of art.

3LT, CGM, 7 MT, Kalahari, NPP, Red Calipers

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
I started a thread a while back called "Have you had your picture taken?" Bunch of interesting and funny stories. Maybe it can be merged with this thread.

I must have had my picture taken hundreds of times. Sometimes it can even be unsafe like when the guy stops in the middle of the road blocking traffic to snap a shot. I also got a thumbs up from a cop on the NY Thruway as he passed me when I was cruising at 73mph. Speed limit was 65mph. I didn't see him coming up behind me.

The most memorable "recognition" I've had occurred last week in front of my house. I had started the car and pulled into the street to let it warm up a bit while I towled the windows. As happens about three times a week at that time, the State Police helicopter was cruising east and making his regular turn toward the south. He was in perfect view of me (50 foot wide street, Blade Silver Metallic reflecting in the sun) and I started to wave my towel. I know he saw me and rather than continue his normal route south at that point he kept his turn and circled right over me before resuming his route south. Something I've never seen him do before. Couldn't see any waves of course but I'm sure he saw me.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Get people taking pictures all the time. Had a first yesterday, a colleague and I were having lunch and I looked out the window and watched this women put something on my car.
When I get to the car there is a piece of paper ...... Cindy 248-xxx-xxxx on it.
I had a somewhat similar experience except it was an in-person encounter. I just said to the lady that I thought that speeding tickets and car crashes were all I had to worry about in my C7. Just one more way this car can get you in trouble. Careful.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
We put 1000 miles on ours this past week, and had many people taking pictures on the interstate from their cars, and people taking pictures at the rest areas. I was gassing up in Pigeon Forge and a guy walked up and asked if I cared if he took a picture of it. Many people with a thumbs up. One was a couple on a motorcycle that stayed beside me for several miles on the interstate just so they could look at it. I had some kid in an old Ford piece of crap of some sort that got pissed because he wanted me to race him on the interstate. I was doing 75 mph and he came up along side me and kept driving beside me for several miles dropping it in a lower gear to rev it. Finally after he saw I wasn't going to take the bait he revved off like he was really a super fast car. I just chuckled to my wife that I don't need to show anyone what she can do, I know what she can do. :)

·
Registered
429 Posts
We put 1000 miles on ours this past week, and had many people taking pictures on the interstate from their cars, and people taking pictures at the rest areas. I was gassing up in Pigeon Forge and a guy walked up and asked if I cared if he took a picture of it. Many people with a thumbs up. One was a couple on a motorcycle that stayed beside me for several miles on the interstate just so they could look at it. I had some kid in an old Ford piece of crap of some sort that got pissed because he wanted me to race him on the interstate. I was doing 75 mph and he came up along side me and kept driving beside me for several miles dropping it in a lower gear to rev it. Finally after he saw I wasn't going to take the bait he revved off like he was really a super fast car. I just chuckled to my wife that I don't need to show anyone what she can do, I know what she can do. :)
Yup, the pictures are cool but the POS wannabe's are a pain in the poop. "Every pissant prairie punk" with a resonator wants a shot at the crown. Like you, I just chuckle. And thanks to Gene Wilder for the quote.

Reactions: Texas2Gun

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Went to the local Mobil station to fill up and the clerk came out and asked if he could take a picture of the car. He wanted to know if this was some kind of special edition car. I told him it was the new "leaks oil in the first week of ownership" edition.
Ret9580...let it go. You'll be happier for it. It's obvious you love the car and the attention that goes with it. Enjoy! Life is short, relatively speaking...

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ret9580...let it go. You'll be happier for it. It's obvious you love the car and the attention that goes with it. Enjoy! Life is short, relatively speaking...

Post the whole quote! I have and I love this car.......it was my "inside joke" and he had no clue.......again, you'd have to know me.

Reactions: Z06 Owned

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I had some kid in an old Ford piece of crap of some sort that got pissed because he wanted me to race him on the interstate. I was doing 75 mph and he came up along side me and kept driving beside me for several miles dropping it in a lower gear to rev it. Finally after he saw I wasn't going to take the bait he revved off like he was really a super fast car. I just chuckled to my wife that I don't need to show anyone what she can do, I know what she can do. :)

Reminds me of when I turned 20, and dad got me a brand new '86 Trans Am as a thank you gift for setting up his new shop computer. WS6 package with the "tuned port injection" V8. The best looking sports car of '86, IMHO and most others.

Well, I was giving my best buddy a ride, when a ratty old Nova pulled up along side. High school kids, obviously. They didn't want to race us sophisticated college boys in our bad-ass new T/A, but both cars got caught at a red light. They rev'd that old Nova engine (sounded like it was missing a cylinder) but their expressions truly said, "we don't want to race...we just want to see that T/A blast off." So, I obliged. Unfortunately, the T/A was more show than go and when the boys became aware they will pulling ahead of me, they began to laugh hysterically! Not a proud moment.

So, for all those who look the other way when challenges approach, I'm right with you. Make sure you have the faster car (even when driving a brand new Vette) before putting the hammer down...otherwise, you may look the fool.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yup, the pictures are cool but the POS wannabe's are a pain in the poop. "Every pissant prairie punk" with a resonator wants a shot at the crown. Like you, I just chuckle. And thanks to Gene Wilder for the quote.
I hear you. Twice in the past two days I've driven down a wide road with a single driving lane and been passed curb side by some little knob in a rice rocket that has to cut right in front of the big, bad Vette. That's as big of a compliment than all of the smiles, looks, waves and thumbs up that I get from everyone else.

3LT, CGM, 7 MT, Kalahari, NPP, Red Calipers, big,big grin!

·
Registered
320 Posts
I was filling up when a doctor came running over to see my C7. He wanted a picture of my car to show his wife. But he left his phone at this office. I offered to take a picture of my Stingray with MY phone and text it to him. Then he said, "Do you mind if I stand in front of the car too?" I just laughed and said, "Sure, whatever you want to do is fine with me."

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I was getting my K-40 radar and laser jammer installed. In walks this guy and starts taking pictures of my car. We get talking, turns out he's a local doctor and has come down to the shop as he checks in with the owner from time to time to see what he is working on.
Seems this Dr is interested in getting a C7 so he comes over. Spends about an hour or longer and leaves. Apparently he left to come see my car with patients in his waiting room!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts