Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been ill for the last two weeks and it turns out I had/have pneumonia and am home recouping with some heavy duty antibiotics and was barely able to take delivery last Saturday and to top it off it was 100 degrees out when the dealer wanted to take some photos. Needless to say all I wanted was a quick orientation and to get home. So this is one photo of a several my wife took as I got my initial tour of my new Stingray.

I still haven't detailed it yet so I don't have ANY glamor shots! maybe next weekend. So without further a due here's what is probably the only LRG ZF1 coupe built.

The glamor and "hey look at my shine" photos will come later.

Cheers

·
Registered
10,422 Posts
It looks good even as it is! Hopefully you will feel better soon. I bet the StingRay is some good medicine.

·
Administrator
16,305 Posts
Looks great Tom, heal fast and get out and enjoy her!:cool:

·
Registered
231 Posts
First, I hope you get over the pneumonium quickly. Second, she looks pretty darn spiffy for not having gone through your detailing. The LGR is a fine color on screen, I need to see one out in the sunny wild to see how good it really looks!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First, I hope you get over the pneumonium quickly. Second, she looks pretty darn spiffy for not having gone through your detailing. The LGR is a fine color on screen, I need to see one out in the sunny wild to see how good it really looks!
I can tell you that in the sun LRG is stunning. That's the only way I know how to describe it. Wait until I get it detailed and photos taken.

·
Registered
896 Posts
It's a so long time to wait for this car that being ill just at the moment your Vette arrives is an incredible lack of chance ! I hope you'll be completely Ok in the next days to enjoy at last the pleasure to drive this beautiful car.

Just a question: normally the calipers come in black, the only options are yellow or red and yours are silver ones... was it your willing and how did you order this color ?

Take care of you, Tom.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
It's a so long time to wait for this car that being ill just at the moment your Vette arrives is an incredible lack of chance ! I hope you'll be completely Ok in the next days to enjoy at last the pleasure to drive this beautiful car.

Just a question: normally the calipers come in black, the only options are yellow or red and yours are silver ones... was it your willing and how did you order this color ?

Take care of you, Tom.
Silver is the standard color for the base model, Z51 calipers are black.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
896 Posts
OK Mark, so it's why we don't have it in our choices list as GM only propose Z51 over here.

·
Registered
10,422 Posts

Take care of you, Tom.
What you said is the case for Europe which gets the Z51. Here in the USA, the calipers on the base car are silver.

·
Registered
10,422 Posts
OK Mark, so it's why we don't have it in our choices list as GM only propose Z51 over here.
Ah, and now on this page I see that you already have the answer.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Tom, congrats on your new C7 masterpiece! 1. Get well, 2. Detail it, 3. Drive the wheels off it!!!

SF
Rick

·
Registered
307 Posts
Does anyone know why Chevy eliminated LRG as a color choice? I think it looks amazing - kind of like a British racing green. If this color option had been available I would have had a tough time deciding between LRG & night race blue.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does anyone know why Chevy eliminated LRG as a color choice? I think it looks amazing - kind of like a British racing green. If this color option had been available I would have had a tough time deciding between LRG & night race blue.
No one really knows what GM is thinking or why they do things, but yes LRG has a classic old school sports car color. My wife and I found a 2008 Jaguar XK vert a few years ago and fell in love with it. Reminded me of classic Jaguar's and Corvette's from the 60's and 70's - remember Hatch Brands Green used on the C3's????

And like LRG it changes in the sun

So when I found out the new Stingray had a GREEN I hoped it was as timeless and classic. In my mind it's even better.

I'm glad I was able to order exactly the Stingray I wanted, nothing more, nothing less and for icing on the cake I got it CU pricing.

I just can't wait to detail it and get some decent glamor shots. But as most know digital photo's taken by amateurs can be dicey. But I'll do my best to capture the true essence of LRG.

GM made a huge error in dropping this color.

·
18,670 Posts
Does anyone know why Chevy eliminated LRG as a color choice?
Other than the Premiere convertible, less than 1% of all StingRays sold were Lime Rock Green. Considering the Plant is only set up for ten colors, they decided the lowest seller had to go.

However, I think another question which should have been answered by GM was, "how come your fourth best selling StingRay color, Cyber Gray, is no longer?"

·
Registered
582 Posts
Congrats! Get well soon!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts