Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
15,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car and Driver ran this picture today:

According to C&D:

Someone sent us a photo of this C8 Corvette with its wheels and tires stolen.
The car was parked on the street in Detroit, Michigan, in a neighborhood called the West Village.
We assume this is a GM-owned car, as the C8 isn't on sale yet at Chevy dealerships.

·
Registered
179 Posts

View attachment 276679

According to C&D:

The car was parked on the street in Detroit, Michigan, in a neighborhood called the West Village.
We assume this is a GM-owned car, as the C8 isn't on sale yet at Chevy dealerships.
The wheels are probably for sale on Craig's list already.

·
Registered
5 Posts

View attachment 276679

According to C&D:

I know this pain all too well. This was my C7 @ 6 young months old. I had a few meetings in DC and my wife says "it's a car, you gotta drive it to enjoy it". Oh yeah, and did I mention I had nightmares from the day I bought my first Corvette that it ended up on blocks. Apparently the 'ol Landscape Block is a common tool for NASCAR wheel stealing types.
Car no tires.JPG
I have become a true believer in Wheel Locks no matter the cost.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My 2017 C7 has $2000.00 worth of CHROME Wheels. First thing I purchased was four wheel lock for $13.00 from Advanced Auto! Dealer wanted $135.00! The Parts Person looked around and quietly told of the wheel locks from AA. Money well spent and piece of mind IMHO!

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2017 C7 has $2000.00 worth of CHROME Wheels. First thing I purchased was four wheel lock for $13.00 from Advanced Auto! Dealer wanted $135.00! The Parts Person looked around and quietly told of the wheel locks from AA. Money well spent and piece of mind IMHO!
I probably have the same wheels, and really never checked as every other vehicle I've purchased, the dealer has provided them. Never thought to check, but that will NEVER happen again. Looks much better with them on. The $7K insurance hit for the run-flats and the wheels was a tough pill to swallow for them as well.
Car in Drive.JPG

·
Registered
1 Posts

View attachment 276679

According to C&D:

Haven't even seen one on the street yet. Happened in Detroit, shocking

·
Administrator
15,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to our forum john jones. Could have happened most anywhere, however, many of the preproduction are located in and around Detroit.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Wheel locks on all my cars, including the C4. Growing up in Philly will do that to you.

Reactions: shamal13
1 - 10 of 10 Posts